People can “Train in a Day” to be ready to respond should a disaster force evacuations.
Tuesday, May 27, 2014… Florida’s West Coast Region of the American Red Cross will host a one day training for anyone interested in serving as a shelter volunteer during hurricane evacuations or other disasters. In addition to free training in shelter operations, a free Citizens CPR course will be offered. The events will take place in five of the local Red Cross offices on June 7, 2014 from 9am-1:00pm.
· St. Petersburg office: 818 4th St. N., St. Petersburg
· Tampa office: 3310 W. Main St., Tampa
· Bradenton office: 2905 59th St. W., Bradenton
· Sarasota office: 2001 Cantu Court, Sarasota
· Pasco location: Community Congregational Church, 6533 Circle Blvd., New Port Richey
Shelter workers take care of the sheltering needs of people affected by disasters by providing comfort, safety, food and recovery information.
To register, contact Tirrah Switzer at (813) 868-7622 or by email at Tirrah.Switzer@RedCross.org
About the American Red Cross: