Spring Hill, Florida (May 22, 2014) – Oak Hill Hospital announces the promotion of Catherine Edmisten, RN, MBA, as Assistant Chief Nursing Officer. Ms. Edmisten previously held the position of Director of Oak Hill Hospital’s Emergency Care Center for exactly three years.
Ms. Edmisten has a diverse nursing background in emergency, telemetry, nursing operations, nursing administration, and nursing finance. She has lived in Spring Hill for 28 years and has held a wide range of healthcare management positions throughout Tampa Bay as well as major leadership positions within the community. Some of those positions include:
· Chief Nursing Officer/Director of Clinical Services at University Community Health Long Term Acute Care Hospital at Connerton
· Director of Nursing Support Operations, University Community Hospital, Tampa, Florida
· Director of Operations, Woodruff & Company, PA (CPA firm), Brooksville, Florida
· Charge Nurse at Oak Hill Hospital’s Emergency Department in 2000-2001
· 2010-2011 President of Kiwanis Club of the Nature Coast
Ms. Edmisten received her Master of Business Administration degree from St. Leo University in St. Leo, Florida. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Administration from St. Leo and an Associate of Science degree in Nursing with high honors from Pasco Hernando State College in New Port Richey. Ms. Edmisten is a Florida native, having been born in Dunedin, Florida. She is married to District Fire Chief Scott Edmisten, a firefighter/paramedic. She has two children, two stepchildren, and four grandchildren.
Ms. Edmisten is a Board Certified Emergency Nurse. She is a member of several professional organizations such as the American College of Healthcare Executives, Nature Coast Emergency Nurse Association, Florida Emergency Nurse Association, and is a technical advisory member of Pasco Hernando State College. She is a long standing member of the Kiwanis Club in Hernando County as well as the American Cancer Society, Relay for Life, and is a recent graduate from Leadership Citrus.
In making the announcement Chief Nursing Officer Leanne D. Salazar, stated, “Cathy’s leadership attributes include resourcefulness, enthusiasm, empowerment, compassion, dedication, and motivation. She has a very strong background in healthcare finance and is strategically driven to help promote our nursing department to its next level. This is a well deserved promotion.”
About Oak Hill Hospital
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties (262 acute care beds), is the area’s largest private employer, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 370 physicians, almost 1100 associates, and over 250 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a Residency in Internal Medicine.
· First hospital in the area to offer an on-site Critical Care Intensivist program to provide around the clock intensive care in the 36 bed ICU of the hospital’s North Tower.
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First hospital in our region to receive the Women’s Choice Award for Emergency Care excellence by WomenCertified, home of the Women’s Choice Awards.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve Heart Failure accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its hip & knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.