Hudson, Florida (May 14, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that George Eaton, RN and Monica Galaza, RN, were both nominated for its Nurse of the Year at Good Samaritan Clinic’s Eighth Annual Nurses’ Gala held on May 9, 2014 at the Spartan Manor. The Good Samaritan Clinic’s Annual Nurses’ Gala is a fund raiser to honor the nursing community and also support the Good Samaritan Clinic. This year George Eaton was selected as Nurse of the Year for Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point.
About George Eaton, RN
George Eaton is a staff nurse in the neuro spine unit. He has worked at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point since May 2010, starting as a student nurse intern and then an RN in 2011. In his short career George has already earned a reputation for possessing a unique combination of intellectual and interpersonal skills, compassion, integrity, courage and persistence. His nomination stated, “As a professional nurse, George promotes health prevention and is an advocate, promoting a safe environment for patients.”
George lives up to the public’s expectations by being an advocate who puts the needs of the healthcare consumer first. Also, in conjunction with his professional role, George is a member of the “Good Fellas” motorcycle club has performed numerous services to his community:
· Pause for Paws benefit raising $2,000 cash plus food and supplies
· Participation in “Downed Riders” memorial events to benefit victims and families
· Participation in the 2013 Heart Walk Toys for Tots Poker-run, which provides gifts for needy children
· Participated in two cancer awareness benefits in 2013 which raised money for individuals in the community who had stage IV cancer.
· Participation in “Gloria’s Life”
About Monica Galaza, RN
Monica Galaza has a reputation as a dedicated nurse who delivers exemplary care to both patients and staff. She has been employed by Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point since 1990.
Monica has held many positions throughout her career at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. In addition, she has a reputation as a “go to person” who is sought upon for a wide range of training, such as Meditech computer classes, pre-op ortho classes, and even matter of balance classes to seniors in the community. Her nomination stated, “Monica pours the same commitment and effort into staff within the hospital, willing to teach and mentor anyone. She is dedicated to not just her team but her hospital.”
She seeks to meet the needs of patients, whether it is to alter her schedule so she is available for them or to spend the extra time in the room talking with them and making them comfortable. For example, on July 4 of 2013 Monica came to the hospital at 4 am so a patient could receive his chemotherapy and still be able to attend a barbeque later that day.
Her commitment to the community is also evident in her involvement with Relay for Life. As co-captain of the team, Monica is actively involved in raising awareness for Relay. She can be found selling baked goods and baskets, rounding during the night or setting up displays. Her energy is endless. She is an asset to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point and the community that she touches.
Attached photo: Monica Galaza and George Eaton
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.comor visit us on Facebook.