Hudson, Florida (May 9, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that it was again presented the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly Worksite Gold Achievement Award. The award is presented to a workplace that has been recognized by the American Heart Association for meeting criteria for employee wellness. The award is intended to be a catalyst for positive change in the workplace across America. It recognizes companies that demonstrate progressive leadership by making the health and wellness of their employees a priority. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point was recognized on the gold level which means that:
· RMCBP offers employees physical activity support at the worksite
· They have increased the number of healthy eating options available to employees
· The hospital promotes a wellness culture at the worksite
· The hospital embraces at least nine criteria as outlined by the American Heart Association in the areas of physical activity, nutrition and culture
Attached Photo: Amanda Leber, American Heart Association’s Heart Walk Director for Tampa Bay’s Heart Walk, presents the AHA’s Gold Fit-Friendly Workplace Award to officials at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. Left to right: Geoff Washburn, VP of Human Resources, Shayne George, CEO, Amanda Leber.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.