Spring Hill, Florida (April 25, 2014) – Oak Hill Hospital announces that it has introduced SurgiTraksm Patient Update System. SurgiTraksm provides notifications to the designated family members and friends of a patient’s progression through the surgical episode.
Notifications can be sent via text or email to a mobile device such as a smart phone, tablet, or any other computer or laptop with an Internet connection. This provides a patient’s family and friends with timely and automated information about their surgery, regardless of their geographic location. This not only means that patients may leave the waiting area of the surgical department but update information is also provided to out-of-town family members.
How it works
Enrollment is SurgiTraksm is triggered by a patient’s email. Once a patient’s email is identified a SurgiTraksm invitation is sent to the patient prior to their date of surgery. The email contains a link to an enrollment form that is used by the patient to enter mobile phone numbers and/or email addresses of family members and friends that have agreed to receive notifications during their surgery. The system that is used is identical to the manner in which Waiting Room OR Trackers are updated. To ensure privacy, only information related to a patient’s surgical status will be shared, such as the patient is in the operating room.
Statuses can include a combination of the following:
- Patient in Pre-Op
- Patient in Holding
- Patient in Operating Room
- Patient in Recovery
- Patient Out of Recovery
- Patient in Room, or Patient Discharged Home
All patients not already admitted to Oak Hill Hospital and scheduled for surgery in the main operating room are eligible for the SurgiTraksm program. For more information contact Oak Hill Hospital at 352-596-6632.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties (262 acute care beds), is the area’s largest private employer, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 370 physicians, almost 1100 associates, and over 250 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a Residency in Internal Medicine.
· First hospital in the area to offer an on-site Critical Care Intensivist program to provide around the clock intensive care in the 36 bed ICU of the hospital’s North Tower.
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First hospital in our region to receive the Women’s Choice Award for Emergency Care excellence by WomenCertified, home of the Women’s Choice Awards.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve Heart Failure accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its hip & knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.