Hudson, Florida (April 28, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced its 2013 Frist Volunteer Humanitarian Award was presented to Diane Ricca. Ms. Ricca has volunteered at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point since July 2006, accumulating over 20,000 merit hours. During this time she has volunteered in the gift shop as lead buyer and chair-person. Diane also serves on the volunteer Board of Directors at large and on the Sun Coast Health and Education Foundation which raises funds to support college scholarships for high school students of hospital volunteers.
In addition to her service as a volunteer at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, Diane, a cancer survivor herself, participates every year with Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walks in our local community. She has been named individual Pacesetter for the years 2012 in which she raised over $2,500 and in 2013 raising nearly $3,500 for this worthy cause. Diane also serves every year at the Chasco Festival and Oktoberfest, which supports the local Service to Mankind organization (SERTOMA). Diane also volunteers with the All Around Kids Foundation, which provides funds to help local children participate in activities after school. There’s more…Ms. Ricca also served at the local Cares assisting in the kitchen and dining areas prior to her dedicating more of her efforts at Bayonet Point.
Ms. Ricca was chosen from five nominees. In addition to her, the nominees were:
· Gasper Aronica
· William “Bill” McKeon
· May Lou Ray
· Cliff Wing
Created in 1971, the Frist Humanitarian Award honors outstanding individuals for humanitarian and volunteer services. Named in honor of the late Dr. Thomas F. Frist, Sr. – founder of HCA and renowned humanitarian – this award recognizes individuals whose dedication and care-giving epitomize the highest standard of quality and personal commitment. Each nominee for the award is judged in the following four categories:
· Level of commitment to the facility and patient care
· Level of commitment to the community
· Having a positive effect on others
· Dependability, consistency, and people oriented
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s Frist Volunteer of the Year recipient receives a $250 savings bond, a Frist lapel pin, a plaque, a parking pass in the physician’s parking lot for one full year, and her picture on display at the front entrance. As the hospital award winner, Ms. Ricca will go on to compete for the 2013 national Frist Humanitarian Award.
The four nominees received a beautiful certificate and a dish garden to commemorate their nominations.
Photo: Diane Ricca, Frist Humanitarian Award winner.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.