Hudson/Tampa Bay Florida – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced that it has awarded its annual volunteer of the year recognition to two volunteers. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s volunteers of the year are Colleen D’Amario and Dominic Asaro.
Dominic Asaro has over 10 years of service and over 12,750 hours of dedication. Prior to Dominic’s current assignments he volunteered in the CCU four days a week. While there nurses rated him as very conscientious, caring and efficient in all his duties. He carries that forward into his current assignments endearing himself to staff, patients, families and fellow volunteers. Dominic is now assigned as a Courier and again not only works four days a week but during this past summer substituted an additional day for nine weeks. He is always willing to substitute as the courier dispatcher and has on many occasions. We find him here at the hospital on major holidays and when the couriers are short staffed he steps in and works double shifts. He goes beyond his assigned duties arriving each day at 6:30 getting the courier office organized and ready for the day’s tasks. Recently Dominic has accepted the Chairperson position for the Awards Committee and also has been trained to work and substitute at Welcome “A.”
In Dominic we find an excellent volunteer, loyal, compassionate and caring, always willing to take on whatever task he is assigned without complaint but only a smile. Dominic has a positive attitude and his dedication to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point and to the volunteer association makes him the perfect person to be the 2013 Male Volunteer of the Year.
Colleen D’Amario joined the volunteers in 2009 and has over 16,000 hours of service. She is the Chairperson at Welcome “A” on weekends where she also has volunteered on Saturday evenings. Colleen volunteers in Surgical Waiting Room and is always willing to substitute for others and train new volunteers. She is someone who always greets visitors with a kind word and a smile, extremely sweet, caring and always has a positive attitude and has this infectious laugh. In addition to all that Colleen does, she works in the Volunteer Department helping on special projects and is always willing to stay and work till the job is done. She has recently accepted the position of Secretary for the Awards Committee and Patient Portal Concierge along with being the Treasurer for the Suncoast Health and Education Foundation and is our Editor and Chief for our Volunteer Newsletter. Her dedication to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, our patients, visitors, staff and fellow volunteers is the reason she is receiving the 2013 Female Volunteer of the Year Award.
The annual Volunteer of the Year awards were given at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s annual volunteer banquet and appreciation luncheon.
Attached Photo: Dominic Asaro and Colleen Damario pose with their awards.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
- Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.