Tampa employment law seminar provides practical advice for legal issues in workplace
The “One Day, Many Solutions” employment law seminar in Tampa on May 8 prepares managers and supervisors for challenges and changing laws impacting the workplace. Hosted by Fisher & Phillips, this seminar is one of 27 nationwide providing practical solutions to legal issues in the workplace.
Anyone who manages employees and makes decisions impacting the workforce can benefit from attending the seminar, including presidents, CEOs, COOs, CFOs, human resources professionals, and in-house counsel with labor and employment responsibility.
The Tampa employment law seminar includes sessions on the following topics:
- She Said What?!? Effective Workplace Investigations
- Taking the Bully by the Horns: Understanding and Addressing Workplace Bullying
- Breaking Bad Behavior: Drugs, Alcohol, Medical Marijuana, Cigarettes, Cursing, Social Media, Attire, Tattoos, Piercings, Missing Underwear, Body Odor, Etc.
- Which Is Riskier? Hiring Criminals or Conducting Background Checks?
- Everybody Gets a Trophy: Performance Management Mistakes
- Think Twice Before You Delete That Email: Computers and Employment Law Nightmares
- If a Stripper Is Not an Independent Contractor, Who Is?
- Healthcare Reform Check-Up: Key Concerns for Employers
The seminar is eligible for HRCI and CLE credit.
When: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Registration & networking: 8 a.m. / Seminar: 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Where: Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, 4400 W. Cypress St., Tampa, FL 33607
Registration: The registration fee is $165 per person. Organizations registering multiple attendees will receive a discounted registration fee of $125 per person. Attendees can register at www.LaborLawyers.com/2014seminars. Contact Charles Varon at (404) 240-4249 or CVaron@laborlawyers.com with any registration questions.
About Fisher & Phillips LLP
Fisher & Phillips LLP is a law firm committed to taking a practical, businesslike approach to solving labor and employment problems for employers. Labor and employment law is all the firm does, offering deep and broad knowledge and experience in the area of the law the attorneys know best. Fisher & Phillips attorneys help clients avoid legal problems, are dedicated to providing exceptional client service, and are there when you need them. The firm has 300 attorneys in 31 offices. In addition to Tampa, the offices are in Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbia, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Gulfport, Houston, Irvine, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Louisville, Memphis, New England, New Jersey, New Orleans, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C.