Spring Hill and Hudson, Florida (April 15, 2014) – Oak Hill Hospital announces that it will continue its popular For Your Health Community Education Series. On Tuesday, May 13, 2014, from 5:30 pm – 7 pm, Harvey Schonwald, MD will present “Advances in the Treatment of Bladder Disorders for Men and Women” at Heritage Pines Country Club, 11524 Scenic Hills Boulevard, Hudson, Florida 34667.
Dr. Harvey Schonwald is board certified in urology by the American Board of Urology. He received his medical degree from the University of Maryland in Baltimore County. Dr. Schonwald completed a residency in general surgery at Kaiser Foundation Hospital in California, and he completed his residency in urology at the University of Maryland Hospital in Maryland.
Dr. Schonwald, a board certified urologist on staff at Oak Hill Hospital, will discuss the many advances in the treatment of bladder disorders for both men and women. Today a variety of bladder disorders ranging from incontinence to bladder cancer can be controlled or corrected through a variety of treatment options, which include medication, retraining, and surgery.
Admission is free and a complimentary hot meal will be served. Seating is limited and reservations are required. For more information and to register call 352-597-6333 in Hernando and Pasco or 352-628-6060 in Citrus or register online at OakHillHospital.com/ForYourHealth.
Attached photo: Harvey Schonwald, MD
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a Residency in Internal Medicine
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First hospital in our region to receive the Women’s Choice Award for Emergency Care excellence by WomenCertified, home of the Women’s Choice Awards.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve Heart Failure accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its hip & knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.