Chef Paul Mattison, executive chef and proprietor of Mattison’s Restaurants & Catering in Sarasota, Florida, announces a six-course wine-pairing dinner featuring wines from Italy on Thursday, April 24, 2014 from 6:30pm at Mattison’s Forty-One, 7275 South Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, Florida 34231. Alessandra Orlich, a certified sommelier and Italian wine expert, attends the evening to guide guests through the wines served. The wine-pairing dinner is $95 which includes tax and gratuity. Reservations are required and can be made online at mattisons.com or by calling 941.921.3400.
Chef Paul Mattison’s dinner menu with featured Italian wines includes:
– Passed hors d’oeuvre Kampachi Crudo fried olive, house made ricotta, chickpea crisp, blood orange syrup paired with a Ca’ di Rajo Prosecco Epsilon Pink a dry Rosé sparkling wine with notes of green apple and berries
– Crispy Zucchini Blossom spring greens, fennel, heirloom tomato, speck ham, lemon vinaigrette paired with Norina Pez Friulano Doc Collio a full bodied, dry flavorful Italian white wine
– Risotto vialone nano rice, local shrimp, baby arugula, mascarpone cheese, crispy leeks paired with a Norina Pez Ribolla Gialla an elegant dry Italian white
– Prime Strip Steak olive oil smashed potatoes, rapine, roasted wild mushrooms, aged balsamic paired with Ronco Severo Merlot a full-bodied wine with an aroma of spices and hits of underbrush
– Assorted Italian Cheeses paired with Balan Vecchio Grion’s Rosso del Veneto a beautiful blend of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon
– Chocolate Six Ways chocolate truffles, chocolate paté braisse, dark chocolate moussse with roasted cocoa nibs, chocolate sugar cone & espresso chip gelato served with a Recioto della Valpolicella an intense, sweet red wine made from dried grapes