Hudson, Florida (March 27, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that Mark Blankenship, Registered Respiratory Therapist and member of the Respiratory Care Team, has been recognized as RMCBP’s Employee of the Month for February 2014. In making the announcement the hospital pointed out that Mr. Blankenship truly exemplifies the mission and values at RMCBP. “Mark is always there for our patients and the team.” For example, one patient’s family commented, “Mark is a very compassionate caregiver, who helped our family through the tough issues we were facing with my father’s health. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is fortunate to have him on staff!”
As employee of the month Mr. Blankenship will receive:
- An Employee of the Month Pin
- A selected blanket gift
- A reception with refreshments with his colleagues
- A coveted front row parking spot for use for one month
In addition, Mr. Blankenship will receive a $50 gift card.
Each Employee of the Month is also placed in nomination for RMCBP’s Employee of the Year to be determined at the end of the year.
Attached photo: Senior management of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point meets to honor Mark Blankenship standing left to right: Joseph Pino, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Shayne George, Chief Executive Officer, Mark Blankenship, Respiratory Therapist, Melanie Schmitt, Respiratory Therapy Director, Tanya Simpson, Chief Nursing Officer, Geoff Washburn, VP of Human Resources, and Shalin Shah, Chief Operating Officer.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
- Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.