Brandon, Florida (March 25, 2014) – Pediatric patients at Brandon Regional Hospital will receive a special gift basket to help them ease their stay and treatment at Brandon Regional. This is due to a generous contribution by Cintas Corporation – Healthcare Division. Cintas Corporation – Healthcare Division supports Environmental Services, Food and Nutrition, Facilities and Surgical Services for HCA and Brandon Regional Hospital.
On March 14 the current and soon to be pediatric patients were provided with 90 gift baskets in the following categories:
· Parents of infants received a cooler with bottles, stuffed animals and other infant products including baby booties.
· Toddlers received a Tampa Bay Bucs stuffed animal/pillow pal and a beach bucket with dinosaurs, and model airplanes for boys and a variety of girlie items for the girls. All children received books, crayons, and markers to occupy their time during their stay.
· Pre-teen girls received puzzles and books and hair pieces and other “girlie” items to put a smile on their face. They also received journals to jot down ideas. Boys received puzzles, playing cards, Star Wars and Spiderman materials.
According to Jennifer Jarvis, regional account manager, “Cintas partners with HCA on a national scope. We work with the hospitals of central Florida throughout the year to organize various philanthropic endeavors. We are fortunate to have employee-partners who generously offer resources and volunteer their time to help organizations in their communities in which they work. The commitment allows Cintas to have a role in improving the communities in which the company conducts business.”
“We hope these gifts bring happiness to your patients and staff when they are passing them out,” added Jarvis.
Attached photo: Health care partners from the southern region of Cintas prepared gifts for a special presentation at Brandon Regional Hospital. Receiving the gifts were members of the pediatric staff and variety of people from different departments all over the hospital. Jennifer Jarvis, (Fourth from left in the front row – behind the box) Cintas Regional Account Manager, made the presentation.
About Brandon Regional Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital is a proud member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. BRH is a 398-acute care facility which includes a 25-bed Behavioral Health Center. BRH holds the following certifications:
· The first hospital in Hillsborough County to receive accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from The Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· The three star award for excellence in cardiac surgery – the highest award given by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
· Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
· The Bariatric Center of Excellence award by the American Society of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
· The Brandon Regional Hospital Echocardiography Lab has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in the area of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, BRH offers quality patient care services including:
· The Women’s Center at Brandon Regional Hospital, which includes The Baby Suites, Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and new in-patient rooms for gynecology and anti-partum patients.
· The Reflux Center, which has developed a comprehensive approach for the diagnosis and treatment of acid reflux disease by combining highly skilled physicians and the latest technology to provide effective solutions.
· The Behavioral Health Center a 25 bed unit which emphasizes the importance of instilling hope with group and individual psychotherapy, medication assessment, psycho-educational group, family support and education groups, and interventions designed to guide the mind, body, and spirit to recovery.
· The Heart & Vascular Center offer the latest diagnoses and treatment options in neurological, spine and cardiac conditions.
Brandon Regional Hospital has recently initiated a program to only perform elective deliveries at 39 weeks gestation unless medically indicated. Although this initiative is becoming wide-spread throughout the nation, Brandon Regional Hospital and HCA implemented this initiative before it became a national movement.
Brandon Regional Hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. For more information contact Patricia Montgomery, 813-571-5105 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com.