TEMPLE TERRACE, Fla. – (March 18, 2014) – Radiant is pleased to introduce its remodeled store design at its new Temple Terrace retail gasoline and market located at 5601 E. Fowler Avenue, at the corner of 56th Street and E. Fowler Avenue. The 3,000-sf store will offer neighbors and the USF community freshly brewed coffee and specialty teas, a self-serve yogurt and milkshake bar, hundreds of retail and grocery items and much more. Grand opening festivities are planned for Friday, March 21, from 11am – 7pm.
“Radiant is excited to unveil its newest Radiant Market concept in Temple Terrace,” said Tim Switzer, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President of Radiant. “We are poised to bring our new neighbors an unparalleled facility and level of service, and look forward to becoming part of the fabric of the Temple Terrace community for years to come.”
The new store design represents Radiant’s rebranding, which directly reflects the company’s distinctive, multi-generational heritage in the Tampa Bay area. The store graphics include a nod to the history of Radiant, the Temple Terrace neighborhood and the larger commitment of each Radiant store to the communities it serves. The design provides a surprising yet comfortable and warm escape from the average convenience store experience with imagery that helps convey a “Have a Bright Day” message to guests.
The store also demonstrates Radiant’s deep philanthropic efforts with local charities like the Pediatric Cancer Foundation, numerous schools and foundations, and many other causes aided by customer donations. The company donates thousands of dollars each year to more than 50 charitable causes in Tampa Bay. Most recent and notable is over $450,000 raised for The Pediatric Cancer Foundation since 2009.
Grand Opening Festivities
Grand opening festivities will be held on Friday, March 21, from 11am to 7pm. Guests will enjoy:
• One free 12-oz coffee per guest
• Sample-size frozen yogurt and toppings while supplies last
• Face painting from 2-6pm
• Live entertainment
• A Formula 1 Race Care Simulator, and much more!
Radiant has a proven track record in the gas and convenience store industry, and has selected several partners for the new store:
• Marathon Petroleum Corporation as its gas partner. The new store will feature four pumps and eight filling stations.
• Yogurtiamo for its self-serve frozen yogurt bar. The Florida-based company has 18-years experience in the frozen yogurt industry, and uses only the finest ingredients, from real fruit to live and active probiotic cultures. The Temple Terrace store is the first joint venture for the two companies.
• F’real for its milkshake bar. The company offers authentic milkshakes, smoothies and frozen cappuccino blended frozen beverages, all made from real ingredients like ice cream, fruit, milk and coffee, which can be mixed on site with F’real’s patented blending equipment.
• Tampa-based specialty coffee roaster Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company as its coffee and specialty tea partner. Joffrey’s has a reputation for roasting the finest beans and selecting the highest quality tea leaves.
Headquartered in Tampa, FL, Radiant was founded by Nick Capitano in 1931 and has been supplying Central Florida’s fuel needs for more than 80 years. Today, the third generation company operates as The Radiant Group, LLC with multiple Central Florida area locations, all providing fast service and trusted food and beverage products in a warm, friendly environment with a commitment to doing the bright thing by supporting the community and the causes it cares about. For more information, visit radiant.com.