TAMPA, Fla. (March 18, 2014) – In Tampa, Fla. we know the key to life is adventure. So whether you seek your thrills by land, air or sea, we’ve got you covered with the list below. We invite you to discover your daring while you Unlock Tampa Bay.
· Make toys and treats, watch a training session, learn the history and interact with a variety of wild cats at Big Cat Rescue during an exclusive, two-hour behind-the-scenes tour.
· At Busch Gardens® Tampa go behind-the-scenes at the Animal Care Center with the Wildlife Docs or into the Heart of Africa on a 90-minute walking tour to get up-close with hippos, cheetahs, lions and more. You can also become a Keeper for a Day and work side-by-side with the zookeepers or learn the ins-and-outs of Bengal tigers and Bornean orangutans as a Jungala® Insider. And, for some amazing photo opportunities and sights, jump aboard the 30-minute open-truck Serengeti Safari tour for a unique look at the Serengeti Plain®.
· One of The Florida Aquarium’s newest exhibits – Stingray Beach – allows guests to touch a variety of different species of stingrays and sharks, including White Spotted Bamboo Sharks, Coral Catsharks, Southern Rays and Blue Spotted Ray, just to name a few. You’re sure to have your hands full— of slimy creatures, that is – at the No Bone Zone, which is full of colorful, touchable animals such as sea stars, sea urchins and much more. You’re also invited to touch horseshoe crabs, whelk, urchins and snails at the Horseshoe Crab Lagoon.
· For serious or casual golfers alike, the all-new Golf’s Grail Indoor Golf & Tap allows you to play more than 60 courses from around the world on indoor, state-of-the-art golf simulators. Whether playing a round or taking a lesson, guests can also enjoy the sports bar-like atmosphere with hi-definition TVs playing sporting events, craft beers on tap and fine wine selections.
· Rise & Shine Yoga, kid’s art classes, pottery making, sing-a-longs for tots and more are all available in Hyde Park Village – an upscale shopping district in the historic Hyde Park neighborhood.
· The Discovery Channel’s Emmy®-nominated series comes to life to uncover truths behind popular myths by mixing scientific method with gleeful curiosity and old-fashioned ingenuity in MythBusters: The Explosive Exhibition, at the Museum of Science & Industry (MOSI). The exhibition creates hands-on, interactive experiences for guests of all ages through May 8.
· A new laser tag game starts every 20 minutes at Q-ZAR Laser Tag with a two-level arena, video arcade area, food court and more.
· Hotel guests will enjoy the ultimate rock and roll experience with the recently launched Sound of Your Stay™ Picks Program at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. Upon check-in, guests check-out a free guitar and have the choice of 18 Fender models including the legendary Stratocasters, classic Telecasters, Kurt Cobain Signature Model Jaguars, bass guitars and more. Guests also get a Boss Micro BR Amp and a pair of SOUL by Ludacris headphones to ensure maximum rock with minimum noise for other hotel guests, in addition to a “Set List,” with recommended websites and apps.
· Get up to 50 MPH on an electric ProKart at Tampa Bay Grand Prix. The indoor go kart racing facility offers two different tracks for a real racing experience for adults and children.
· Feed a giraffe, hold a lorikeet, touch a stingray, ride a pony, get up-close with a white rhino and more. At Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo – recognized as the #1 Zoo in the U.S. by two national parenting magazines, featuring more than 1,000 amazing animals on nearly 60 acres of natural habitats.
· Drop in every Saturday from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. for Art Spot at the Tampa Museum of Art with free art activities for families.
· Take the wheel and become the captain of your very own speed boat with a one-of-a-kind adventure tour at Tampa Speed Boat Adventures in nearby St. Petersburg.
For more information and to explore all Tampa has to offer, visit VisitTampaBay.com, or follow us on Facebook (Visit Tampa Bay) or Twitter (@VisitTampaBay).
ABOUT VISIT TAMPA BAY
Visit Tampa Bay leads the effort of economic development through tourism. The mission of Visit Tampa Bay is to create vibrant economic growth for the Tampa Bay area by selling and promoting the Tampa Bay destination. The independent not-for-profit organization represents more than 700 businesses throughout the area and works to ignite interest for Visiting Tampa Bay.