Spring Hill, Florida (March 13, 2014) – Oak Hill Hospital announces that effective April 1, 2014 its Express Lab outpatient services will be relocated to the first floor of the Hernando Medical Offices building attached to the hospital. The move is designed to provide easy access to hospital services, expedite the registration process and provide access to the free valet parking service offered by the hospital at that location.
It is believed that this relocation will better service the hospital’s customers. Below is a synopsis of the new process that visitors and patients will experience:
• The patient or visitor parks using the free Valet Parking
• They enter through double doors of the Hernando Medical Office building
• They then proceed past the elevator to information desk with your prescription
• They will be provided a hand held pager
• When pager lights up they will then proceed to registration
• The phlebotomist will get them and escort them to the blood drawing area.
The goal of the new move is to improve and expedite outpatient services at Oak Hill Hospital. “We trust this relocation will improve and expedite your outpatient experience at Oak Hill Hospital,” said Don Menezes, MT, MBA, Laboratory Director. “If anyone has any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to give me a call at 352-597-3010,” he added.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a Residency in Internal Medicine
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First hospital in our region to receive the Women’s Choice Award for Emergency Care excellence by WomenCertified, home of the Women’s Choice Awards.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve Heart Failure accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its hip & knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.