Spring Hill, Florida (March 12, 2014) – Oak Hill Hospital announces the appointment of Sava D. Nenic, MD to its new critical care intensivist team. Dr. Nenic is board certified in critical care and internal medicine. He was Fellowship trained in critical care medicine at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and a residency in general surgery at Novi Sad Surgery Institute in Yugoslavia.
Oak Hill Hospital recently began a critical care intensivist program. Dr. Nenic joins the of John T. Malcynski, MD, Ariosto E. Rosado, MD, Adrian A. Salmon, MD, MPM (Master of Public Medicine), and Omid H. Zad, MD. Critical care intensivists work in conjunction with a team of other ICU (Intensive Care Unit) professionals who provide care in the 36 bed ICU of Oak Hill hospital’s North Tower. An intensivist is on-site 24/7 to provide around-the-clock coverage, working with hospital associates, physicians, patients and family members. Oak Hill Hospital’s on staff intensivists are all board certified physicians who have completed Fellowship training in critical care medicine.
The Critical Care Intensivist Program is another indication that Oak Hill Hospital is making every effort to bring the highest standard of medical care to our area. In late June of this year, Oak Hill Hospital begins its Graduate Medical Education program. Ten residents in internal medicine have been accepted into the first year of its three year program. Each year Oak Hill Hospital will add an additional ten internal medicine residents. By the third year the hospital will have 30 residents in training.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a Residency in Internal Medicine
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First hospital in our region to receive the Women’s Choice Award for Emergency Care excellence by WomenCertified, home of the Women’s Choice Awards.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve Heart Failure accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its hip & knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.