SARASOTA, Fla. (February 25, 2014) – The Baltimore Orioles’ year-round training home, Ed Smith Stadium, is in the running for the USA’s 10 Best USA TODAY Readers’ Choice Nomination for Best Spring Training Facility.
The nominees for Best Spring Training Facility were announced at noon February 24, 2014. Ed Smith Stadium is one of 20 finalists competing for a spot in the winners list.
Voting is open now through Monday, March 24th, 2014 at 11:59am EDT. Votes can be cast daily at http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-spring-training-facility/.
The full list of nominees for Best Spring Training Facility is as follows:
1. Bright House Field – Clearwater, Fla.
2. Camelback Ranch – Glendale, Ariz.
3. Champion Stadium – Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
4. Charlotte Sports Park – Port Charlotte, Fla.
5. Cubs Park – Mesa, Ariz.
6. Ed Smith Stadium – Sarasota, Fla.
7. Goodyear Ballpark – Goodyear, Ariz.
8. JetBlue Park – Fort Myers, Fla.
9. Joker Marchant Stadium – Lakeland, Fla.
10. Maryvale Park – Phoenix, Ariz.
11. McKechnie Field – Bradenton, Fla.
12. Osceola County Stadium – Kissimmee, Fla.
13. Peoria Sports Complex – Peoria, Ariz.
14. Roger Dean Stadium – Jupiter, Fla.
15. Salt River Fields – Scottsdale, Ariz.
16. Scottsdale Stadium – Scottsdale, Ariz.
17. Steinbrenner Field – Tampa, Fla.
18. Surprise Stadium – Surprise, Ariz.
19. Tempe Diablo Stadium – Tempe, Ariz.
20. Tradition Field – Port St. Lucie, Fla.
About Sarasota County
Located on Southwest Florida’s Gulf Coast, Sarasota County offers a vibrant arts and cultural scene, a diverse array of culinary experiences and a variety of opportunities to take advantage of the clear waters and the great outdoors. Sarasota County provides the quintessential, laid-back beach getaway with numerous sprawling, white-sand beaches, including Siesta Key Beach, named “America’s Best Beach” in 2011 by Stephen Leatherman, aka, Dr. Beach. Dubbed “Home of the American Circus,” Sarasota County served as the headquarters for the Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Circus for 75 years, and visitors can experience its unique circus heritage first-hand by following the circus trail or catching a performance by one of two local circus companies. For more information on visiting Sarasota County, visit www.visitsarasota.org or call (800) 522-9799.