Hudson, Florida (February 19, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that “Kids at the Point,” its own on-campus child daycare center, donned red for national “Wear Red Day” on Friday, February 7.
Attached photo: “Kids at the Point” staff and children pose outside the main door at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point on National Wear Red Day. (High Res photo available)
Kids at the Point is celebrating 16 years of service to the hospital’s staff, physicians, and the community. Originally designed as a childcare center for the children of staff and physicians, “Kids at the Point” is open to the community. At present, half of the 100 children in enrollment are children of staff; the other half is from families in the community.
“Kids at the Point” provides the consistency of the same administration and staff since the center opened. The center has a reputation for an excellent curriculum. Childcare is provided for children from six weeks through VPK (Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten). In fact, there are three VPK classes.
Children who attend Kids at the Point have the advantages of:
- A high performing VPK provider for the last eight years, with a 98% rating
- Early childhood credentialed teachers with CPR/first aid training
- Four year old children eligible for free three-hour per day pre-kindergarten, a critical foundation for lifelong learning and success in school
In addition “Kids at the Point” has the distinct advantage of being located at “The Point” – on campus at the home of the Heart Institute and a Level II trauma center.
For more information, contact Cinnamon or LuAnn at 727-861-5145.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
- Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.