· What: 11th Annual Hillsborough County Neighborhoods Conference
· When: Saturday, March 15, 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
· Where: Hillsborough Community College, Dale Mabry Campus
4001 Tampa Bay Blvd. in Tampa
Confused by rising flood insurance rates? Curious about home owner associations, grant writing, or new home improvement products?
Get your questions answered by attending the 11th Annual Neighborhoods Conference on Saturday, March 15. The event happens at Hillsborough Community College, Dale Mabry Campus, located at 4001 Tampa Bay Blvd. in Tampa. Admission is free and includes: continental breakfast, awards luncheon, tote bag, access to all exhibits and more than 18 valuable workshops. Pre-registration is required and available online.
The State Legislature recently enacted a new law requiring members of all home owner associations to have special certification training under Florida Statute 720.301(9). Attendees at the 11th Annual Neighborhoods Conference can get this valuable HOA certification at one of three, free sessions.
Other workshops this year include:
· Biggert-Waters: the Latest Update on the Cost of Rising Flood Insurance
· Seeds of Community Engagement: Getting Your Neighborhood Involved
· Insurance or Not: Liability and Coverage for Civic Groups and Special Events
· Grant Writing 101
· The 411 on Squatters: Legal Expertise on the Rights of the Community
The goal of the annual Neighborhoods Conference is to provide tools and training to help Hillsborough County residents make their neighborhoods attractive, friendlier, safe and more sustainable. The event concludes with a networking luncheon and the Neighborhood Recognition Awards presentation at 1 p.m.
For more information or to register for the 11th Annual Neighborhood Relations Conference, call the Office of Neighborhood Relations at 813-307-3564 or visit online at www.HillsboroughCounty.org/ONR.