SARASOTA, Fla. (February 12, 2014) – The Baltimore Orioles will fly down to Sarasota County once again for the 2014 Major League Baseball spring training season. After a record 2013 season for spring training attendance, fans can expect a great environment in Ed Smith Stadium for the pastime sport.
In fact, fans are encouraged to participate in WOW, Wear Orange Wednesdays, during the month of February and March. Baltimore Orioles fans have initiated this new campaign in support of the Orioles. Visit Sarasota County (VSC) is urging the community to welcome Baltimore fans by wearing orange on Wednesdays and make our visitors feel as though they are in Birdland South.
The spring training schedule is as follows:
• Orioles v. Toronto Blue Jays | 1:05 p.m. Saturday, March 1
• Orioles v. Minnesota Twins | 1:05 p.m. Monday, March 3
• Orioles v. Tampa Bay Rays | 1:05 p.m. Thursday, March 6
• Orioles v. Philadelphia Phillies | 1:05 p.m. Friday, March 7
• Orioles v. Boston Red Sox | 1:05 p.m. Saturday, March 8
• Orioles v. Pittsburgh Pirates | 1:05 p.m. Sunday, March 9
• Orioles v. Boston Red Sox | 1:05 p.m. Tuesday, March 11
• Orioles v. Philadelphia Phillies | 1:05 p.m. Wednesday, March 12
• Orioles v. New York Yankees | 1:05 p.m. Saturday, March 15
• Orioles v. Minnesota Twins | 7:05 p.m. Monday, March 17
• Orioles v. Tampa Bay Rays | 1:05 p.m. Wednesday, March 19
• Orioles v. Atlanta Braves | 1:05 p.m. Friday, March 21
• Orioles v. Pittsburgh Pirates | 1:05 p.m. Sunday, March 23
• Orioles v. Boston Red Sox | 1:05 p.m. Monday, March 24
• Orioles v. Tampa Bay Rays | 7:05 p.m. Wednesday, March 27
Single home game tickets will are on sale now and can be purchased online at orioles.com/spring or by phone at 877-222-2802.
Fans interested in season tickets, five game flexplans or group tickets, or those wishing to receive additional spring training ticket information can contact the Orioles spring training office in Sarasota at 1-941-893-6300. The organization is offering the official Spring Training Travel Package that includes hotel accommodations, rental car, game tickets and optional airfare. Visit orioles.com/springtravel for more.
The Orioles have been a part of the Sarasota Community since 1991. 2014 is the fifth consecutive year for Orioles spring training in Sarasota. Ed Smith Stadium, recently renovated, has been home to the Orioles for the past four years.
For traveling partners not intent on watching the game, Sarasota County is home to some of the world’s best beaches, superb shopping hotspots, impressive performing and visual arts, and nature trails galore.
About Sarasota County
Located on Southwest Florida’s Gulf Coast, Sarasota County offers a vibrant arts and cultural scene, a diverse array of culinary experiences and a variety of opportunities to take advantage of the clear waters and the great outdoors. Sarasota County provides the quintessential, laid-back beach getaway with numerous sprawling, white-sand beaches, including Siesta Key Beach, named “America’s Best Beach” in 2011 by Stephen Leatherman, aka, Dr. Beach. Dubbed “Home of the American Circus,” Sarasota County served as the headquarters for the Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Circus for 75 years, and visitors can experience its unique circus heritage first-hand by following the circus trail or catching a performance by one of two local circus companies. For more information on visiting Sarasota County, visit www.visitsarasota.org or call (800) 522-9799.