Hudson, Florida (February 7, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that it will hold a chronic disease leadership training program on February 20, 21, 27 and 28 from 9 am to 4 pm. Chronic disease leadership training is a four day training program based on self-efficacy. The leadership program is taught using a structured protocol that outlines the content to be discussed as well as the methods to be used during each activity. Methods of instruction are designed to facilitate group interaction and participation encouraging participants to share personal experiences and find solutions to common problems. The chronic disease leadership training program begins at 9 am and ends at 4 pm on each day. The classes on February 20, 21 and 28 will be held Rau Musunuru, MD Conference Center in rooms three and five. The class on February 27 will be held in the Shoreline Cafeteria conference center. For more information and to register call 727-869-5498.
This class will be taught by an instructor from CARES (Community Aging and Retirement Services, Inc.). CARES is a charitable, not for profit 501(c) (3) corporation that provides quality and caring services to meet the needs of older persons and their families in West Central Florida, helping to improve the quality of life and independence for seniors through health, social and support services. For more information, go to www.caresfl.org.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by the Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.