Spring Hill, Florida (February 7, 2014) – Oak Hill Hospital announces the promotion of Elizabeth “Liz” Jennings, RN, BSN, MBA to charge nurse of its recovery room. Ms. Jennings joined Oak Hill Hospital in 1991 in the post-anesthesia care unit, while still working at the Hernando County Health Department. She has worked in a variety of capacities in her 40 years of nursing, including medical/surgical nursing, OB/GYN, post-anesthesia care unit, intensive care unit, and the emergency department.
Ms. Jennings holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of South Florida and an MBA degree from the University of Phoenix. Ms. Jennings and her husband of 40 years live in Hernando County and enjoy spending time with their six grandchildren ranging from sixteen to three. Ms. Jennings was awarded the 2013 Nurse of the Year Award from Crescent Clinic, the 2012 Hero of the Year award from Habitat for Humanity, and represented Oak Hill Hospital in 2011 as the hospital’s Frist Humanitarian Award winner.
In making the announcement Ralph Taylor, MSN, MHA, RN, Assistant Chief Nursing Officer, stated, “Liz brings a wealth of knowledge, skill, and patient-centered care to our patients and families.”
Attached photo: Elizabeth “Liz” Jennings
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a Residency in Internal Medicine
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its Hip & Knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.