Spring Hill, Florida (February 6, 2014) – Access Health Care announces that its physicians attended an internal in-service program on pain medications. The program was entitled “OUCH!!!! The PAIN of appropriate pain medications, prescribing, patient compliance issues, and protecting your medical license.” The objective of the program was for physicians to become acquainted with all the latest updates on pain medications. Learning objectives included:
· Opiate/narcotic prescribing guidelines and standards of care for all physicians, primary care and specialists.
· Risk mitigation strategies and protecting the physician’s medical license when or if prescribing any opiates/narcotics.
· New legal updates with regard to pain medication prescribing and legislation in Florida that affect the physician.
· Open question forum for physician questions regarding any pain issues and how to handle difficult patients.
The program was arranged by Access Health Care’s compliance department. The presentation was conducted by Maulik Bhalani, MD. Dr. Bhalani is board certified in interventional pain medicine as well as physical medicine and rehabilitation by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the American Board of Medical Specialties.
Dr. Bhalani also serves as a clinical associate professor and faculty for the Pain Medicine Fellowship/Department of Neurology at the University of South Florida.
The program was accompanied by dinner, and was conducted on January 30 at Access Health Care’s main location at 5350 Spring Hill Drive.
Attached photo: Maulik Bhalani, MD addresses staff and the physicians of Access Health Care.
Additional attached photo: Maulik Bhalani, MD
About Access Health Care Physicians, LLC
Access Health Care Physicians, LLC is a multiservice medical practice consisting of over 160 health care providers and more than 600 employees in over 70 locations throughout Florida. Our healthcare professionals provide a wide range of services not only in our offices but within patients’ homes. Yes, we make house calls.
Our medical services include:
- Blood Draws
- Holter Monitor
- Physical Therapy And Rehab
- Vascular Study
- Nuclear Stress Testing
- Carotid Doppler
- Venous Doppler
- Arterial Doppler
- Bone Density Testing
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Anodyne Treatment
- Treatment of injuries resulting from automobile accidents including soft tissue injuries
Access Health Care Physicians, LLC main office is located at 5350 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, Florida 34606. For more information call 352-688-8116 or go to www.AccessHealthcareLLC.net.