Spring Hill Florida (January30, 2014) Oak Hill Hospital’s Director of Critical Care Services and Vascular Access Team Leader Carlos Cardona recently announced that Stacey Satterfield is now Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC). Stacey demonstrated mastery of specialized knowledge by meeting criteria and passing an examination offered by the Vascular Access Certification Corporation. She is the second of our Vascular Access team to obtain the certification. The Vascular Access Certification Corporation (VACC) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to the validation, through certification of a specialized body of knowledge for all professionals working in the field of vascular access. The certification through VACC is multidisciplinary in scope and includes the broad range of healthcare professionals and clinicians actively engaged in the practice of vascular access. Candidates for certification include (but are not limited to): RNs, MDs, PAs, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, educators, radiology technicians, respiratory therapists, and EMS professionals.
The mission of the Vascular Access Certification Corporation is to certify those professionals in healthcare and related disciplines working in the field of vascular access. Certification is a voluntary process by which a non-governmental agency formerly recognizes specialized knowledge, skills and experience in a designated area. Certification establishes minimum competency standards in the specialty and offers recognition for those who have met the standards. A primary purpose of certification is the protection of the public through a means of measurement of current skills and knowledge through a standardized comprehensive examination.
Attached photo: Stacey Satterfield, VA-BC
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its Hip & Knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.