Hudson, Florida (January 31, 2014) – The Heart Institute at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced events to be held during February in celebration of National Heart Month.
During February the Shoreline Café will feature heart healthy menus every Monday through Friday featuring items such as basil pesto chicken breast, buttermilk oven fried chicken and baked cod with pineapple mango salsa.
Special events to be held include:
· February 4, 11, 18 and 25 – Blood pressure and dietary consultations by reservation from 10 am to 12 pm in the entrance A lobby. Please call 727-869-5498 or 888-741-5119 for reservation.
· February 7 – Go Red for Women Group Photo – 10 am photo shoot in the entrance A lobby. The public is invited.
· February 12 – Health Expo from 10 am to 2 pm at Heritage Pines Community Association Clubhouse, 11524 Scenic Hills Boulevard, Hudson, Florida 34667
· February 14 – Retreat for Professional Women “Heart of a Woman” by Rami Akel, MD, FACC, FSCAI
· February 15 – Community Education for Heart Month – 9 am – 2 pm at the Rao Musunuru Conference Center
· February 18 – Heart Healthy Nutrition Class from 1 to 3 pm at the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center. Please call 727-869-5498 for reservation.
· February 25 – Atrial Fibrillation by Raul Jimenez, MD and N.S. Rattehalli, MD – 5:30 pm at Plantation On Crystal River. Please call 888-741-5119 for reservation
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by the Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.