Tampa, Fla. (Jan. 24, 2014) – Visit Tampa Bay compiled a list of what’s new in Tampa Bay from its partners, highlighting recent developments between Jan. 1 and April 30 as well as upcoming events.
· Busch Gardens Tampa will be unveiling its newest ride, Falcon’s Fury, this spring. As North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower at 335 feet, riders will soar 60 mph in a face-down dive position. The ride will be at the center of the park’s newest land, Pantopia, a creative haven inspired by centuries of world travelers, offering something for all ages. Pantopia will feature thrilling rides and attractions, new dining options, entertainment, shopping, a renovated indoor theater and more.
· Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo will open Sea Lion Splash, a limited exhibit from March 1-May 31 featuring coastal sea lions performing daily splash shows. Learn about the variety of animal life along the coasts of Mexico, Central and South America, and conserving the natural habitats. The Sea Lion Splash exhibit is $2 per person in addition to general admission.
· Henry B. Plant Museum will open Wedgewood!, a new exhibit of historic Wedgewood Pottery, starting March 16. It will feature 57 pieces of Wedgwood from the Museum’s collection, several from community lenders and a unique 54-inch swan floor vase purchased by Henry Plant.
· Tampa’s Gonzmart family, owners of the famous Columbia Restaurant, will open a new restaurant and brewery this spring called Ulele, in the refurbished Tampa Heights Water Works building on the Hillsborough River. Featuring indoor and outdoor dining, the restaurant will serve locally-sourced foods influenced by the Native American culture as well as craft beer brewed on-site.
· Coast Bike Sharing is launching this spring with 300 bikes available for rental in hub locations in downtown, Hyde Park, Ybor City and Davis Island.
· David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts is hosting a full calendar of new musicals, and performances for spring, including “Disenchanted” until April 13, “You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown” through Feb. 23, the comedy “Inside Amy Schumer” on Feb. 19 and famed author Deepak Chopra on Feb. 23.
About Visit Tampa Bay
Visit Tampa Bay leads the effort of economic development through tourism. The mission of Visit Tampa Bay is to create vibrant economic growth for the Tampa Bay area by selling and promoting the Tampa Bay destination. The independent not-for-profit organization represents more than 700 businesses throughout the area and works to ignite interest for Visiting Tampa Bay.