Brandon, Florida (January 23, 2014) – Brandon Regional Hospital has announced the following community events that will be held during the month of February. All events will be held in the Oakfield Medical Plaza on the campus of Brandon Regional Hospital, 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511, unless otherwise noted.
· Prepared Childbirth Series – February 3, 10, 17 and 24, 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· NICU Family to Family Support Group – February 4 and 18 at 6:45, Brandon Regional Hospital, Women’s Center Lobby
· Healthy Heart Nutrition – February 5, 2:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
· Gestational Diabetes – February 6, 13, 20 and 27, 8:30 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom C, Suite 258
· Prepared Childbirth – February 8 and 15 at 9 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Prenatal Tour – February 9 at 3 pm, February 19 and 25 at 7:30 pm, Brandon Regional Hospital, Women’s Center Lobby
· Bring Your Sweetheart to Lunch – February 11, 12 pm, United Methodist Church of Sun City Center, 1210 West Del Webb Blvd., Sun City Center, FL 33573
· Prenatal Breastfeeding – February 11 at 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Nutrition for Cancer Prevention & Treatment Class – February 12, 2:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Weight Loss Options – February 12 at 6 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Is It A Heart Attack or Stroke? – February 12, 10 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Newborn Care Class – February 15 at 9:30 am and February 17 at 6 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
· Outpatient Diabetes Self-Management – February 19, 8:30 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Surgical Solutions for Weight Loss – February 20, 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Surgical Weight Loss Support Group – February 20, 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
Seating is limited and reservations are advised. For more information and to register call 813-653-1065 or visit BrandonRegionalHospital.com.
About Brandon Regional Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital is a proud member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. BRH is a 398-acute care facility which includes a 25-bed Behavioral Health Center. BRH holds the following certifications:
· The first hospital in Hillsborough County to receive accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from The Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· The three star award for excellence in cardiac surgery – the highest award given by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
· Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
· The Bariatric Center of Excellence award by the American Society of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
· The Brandon Regional Hospital Echocardiography Lab has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in the area of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, BRH offers quality patient care services including:
· The Women’s Center at Brandon Regional Hospital, which includes The Baby Suites, Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and new in-patient rooms for gynecology and anti-partum patients.
· The Reflux Center, which has developed a comprehensive approach for the diagnosis and treatment of acid reflux disease by combining highly skilled physicians and the latest technology to provide effective solutions.
· The Behavioral Health Center a 25 bed unit which emphasizes the importance of instilling hope with group and individual psychotherapy, medication assessment, psycho-educational group, family support and education groups, and interventions designed to guide the mind, body, and spirit to recovery.
· The Heart & Vascular Center offer the latest diagnoses and treatment options in neurological, spine and cardiac conditions.
Brandon Regional Hospital has recently initiated a program to only perform elective deliveries at 39 weeks gestation unless medically indicated. Although this initiative is becoming wide-spread throughout the nation, Brandon Regional Hospital and HCA implemented this initiative before it became a national movement.
Brandon Regional Hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. For more information contact Patricia Montgomery, 813-571-5105 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com.