Spring Hill, Florida (January 21, 2014) – The Heart Institute at Oak Hill Hospital announces that it will conduct its Fourth Annual Heart Failure Symposium on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 from 5 – 7 pm at the Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Brooksville, Florida 34609. This year’s program is titled “Living with Heart Failure.”
The symposium will be presented by a panel of Oak Hill Hospital healthcare specialists and will include:
· Mowaffak Atfeh, MD, board certified in cardiovascular disease, interventional cardiology and internal medicine
· Lisa Cierpka, RN, BSN, Care Assure Patient Navigator
· Betty Davis, MS, RD (Register Dietitian), LDN (Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist), CNSC (Certified Nutrition Support Clinician), Director of Clinical Nutrition Services
· Jennifer Siem, CPT (Certified Personal Trainer), Operations Manager for YMCA of the Suncoast
This wellness symposium will celebrate National Heart Failure Awareness Week and the lives of those suffering from heart failure. Also invited to this fourth annual event are others interested in learning more about this disease.
The panel of healthcare specialists includes an interventional cardiologist, a nurse navigator, a registered dietitian and a certified personal trainer and wellness director. They will focus on defining the disease and providing information and tools needed to manage Heart Failure.
The public is invited to arrive early and visit local home health agencies that will have displays set up with valuable information.
A complimentary hot meal will be served. Admission is free and seating is limited. Reservations are required. Call 352-597-6333 in Hernando or 352-628-6060 in Citrus or go to OakHillHospital.com and register on line.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a Residency in Internal Medicine
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its Hip & Knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.