Spring Hill, Hudson & Crystal River, Florida (January 21, 2014) – Oak Hill Hospital and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announce that they will collaborate on the next For Your Health community educational series. “Atrial Fibrillation: Treatment for Irregular Heart Rhythm” will be held on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 from 5:30 pm – 7 pm at Plantation On Crystal River, 9301 West Fort Island Trail, Crystal River, Florida 34429. Raul Jimenez, MD and N.S. Rattehalli, MD will discuss atrial fibrillation (a-fib), the most common heart rhythm problem. Most treatments have been ineffective and long term medications often have side effects. Dr. Jimenez and Dr. Rattehalli will discuss the minimally invasive treatment options available followed by a question and answer session.
Dr. Jimenez is board certified in cardiovascular disease, board certified in electrophysiology and board certified in internal medicine. Dr. Rattehalli is board certified in cardiovascular surgery and board certified in thoracic surgery.
Admission is free and a complimentary hot meal will be served. Seating is limited and reservations are required. For more information and to register call 352-628-6060 in Citrus or 352-597-6333 in Hernando or register online at OakHillHospital.com/ForYourHealth or go to RMCHealth.com.
Attached photos: Raul Jimenez, MD and N.S. Rattehalli, MD
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a Residency in Internal Medicine
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its Hip & Knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by the Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.