Hudson, Florida (January 20, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute, will recognize National Heart Month with an all day community education symposium on Saturday, February 15, 2014 at the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center, 14000 Fivay Road at the back of the hospital campus. The all day program begins with registration and welcome at 9 am. The remainder of the schedule is as follows:
· 9:30 am – Encounters of the Cardiac Kind: Effects of Daily Stress on the Heart by Rao Musunuru, MD, FACC, FCCP, FACP, FAHA (Fellow of the American College of Cardiologists, Fellow of the College of Chest Physicians, Fellow of the American College of Physicians, Fellow of the American Heart Association)
· 10:30 am – Affordable Health Care: Hope or Hype? by Shayne George, CEO of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
· 11:30 am – Lunch
· 12:30 pm – Surviving Severe Trauma by Scott Norwood, MD, FACS (Fellow of the American College of Surgeons)
· 1:00 pm – Fire Arm Safety: Beyond Controversy by Tom Lawhorne, CFO of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
· 1:30 pm – Patient centered hospital tour
Admission is free and a complimentary lunch will be served. Seating is limited and pre-registration is a must. Seats are available on a first come, first serve basis. For reservations call 888-741-5119 or email Kurt.Conover@HCAHealthcare.com.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is the home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute which has been rated in the top 50 in the nation by US News & World Report. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is the largest hospital in Pasco and Hernando Counties with most of the medical and surgical specialties and is a verified Level II trauma center. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point served 1,685 trauma patients in 2013.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by the Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.