ST. PETERSBURG, FL – JANUARY 9, 2014 – In a joint effort to increase the membership of Toastmasters Clubs in the downtown area, three clubs are teaming up to offer open houses, special workshops and speech contests during January and February to anyone who is interested in improving their public speaking and would like to learn more about Toastmasters to achieve that goal.
The three clubs involved in this undertaking include:
• Toastmasters @ All Children’s Hospital, also known as TACH, is a corporate-sponsored club that is open to hospital employees as well as the public, and holds its meetings every Wednesday morning, 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. on the first floor of the Business and Technology (BAT) Building on the All Children’s Hospital campus. For more information about TACH, please visit www.tach.toastmastersclubs.org.
• City Power Toastmasters Club #911 is open to anyone and holds its meetings every Wednesday from 12 noon to 1p.m. on the sixth floor of the Municipal Services Building, One Fourth Street North, in Downtown St. Petersburg. For more about City Power please contact club President Kathy Bara at 727-893-7052, or visit: http://www.citypower.toastmastersclubs.org.
• DownTown St. Pete Toastmasters #1505394, also known as DTSP, is a newly formed club, which meets every Thursday evening, 6 to 7 p.m. in the Education and Conference Center at All Children’s Hospital, 701 Fourth Street S. For more information about this club, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (321) 872-8295.
Functions planned by the three clubs over the next for weeks include:
• Thursday, Jan. 16, 6 p.m.: DTSP Open House, featuring presentation “Overcome Fear of Public Speaking.”
• Wednesday, Jan. 22, 7:30 a.m.: TACH Open House.
• Thursday, Jan. 23, 6 p.m.: DTSP presentation, “Speaking Off The Cuff.”
• Wednesday, Jan. 29, 12 noon: City Power presentation, “How To Conduct More Productive Meetings.”
• Thursday, Jan. 30, 6 p.m.: DTSP International Speech Contest.
• Wednesday, Feb. 5, 12 noon: City Power Open House, featuring International Speech Contest.
• Thursday, Feb. 13, 6 p.m.: DTSP Table Topics Speech Contest
• Wednesday, Feb. 19, 12 noon: City Power Open House Table Topics Speech Contest
• Wednesday, Feb. 19, 6:30 p.m.: TACH International Speech and Table Topics Contest, All Children’s Hospital Outpatient Care Center Conference Rooms A and B, 601 5th Street South, St. Petersburg
• Thursday, Feb. 20, 6 p.m.: DTSP Open House, featuring “How To Facilitate More Productive Meetings” presentation.
These three clubs are part of Toastmasters International, a non-profit, educational organization that operates clubs around the world for the purpose of helping its members improve their communication, public speaking and leadership skills. Today the organization serves more than 290,000 members in 122 countries through its more than 14,350 member clubs.