Educational, inspiring and delicious—these interactive seminars are led by recognized wine experts from around the world.
(Sarasota, Florida) The Sarasota-Manatee Originals’ (SMO) seventh annual Forks & Corks Food & Wine Festival features Forks & Corks University, Saturday, January 25, 2014, as part of the four-day event, which runs January 24-27, 2014. Foodies and oenophiles will converge at Michael’s On East Ballroom and Wine Cellar, 1212 East Ave. S., Sarasota, to taste and learn about rare and inspired wines during seminars led by a panel of celebrated winemakers.
“Forks & Corks University is an extremely popular part of the festival,” says Kate Atkin, executive director of The Sarasota-Manatee Originals. “Led by recognized wine experts from around the world, these interactive seminars will greatly enhance your knowledge of wine,” she says.
“These educational seminars set Forks & Corks apart from most other wine and cuisine festivals,” says Michael Klauber, Forks & Corks events co-chair. “Guests are not just passively consuming—they’re also absorbing the expertise of world-renowned wine experts.”
Atkin urges people to purchase their tickets soon as tickets are going quickly. To learn more about the event and to purchase tickets, visit www.dineoriginal.com/forksandcorks, or call 941-365-2800.
Forks & Corks University Schedule:
Full-Day Seminar (Only eight tickets left!)
Salud! South America and Rhone Stylin’
Saturday, January 25, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Michael’s on East § $95 (+ service charges; ticket price includes four-course gourmet luncheon with wine pairings)
From lands steeped in history, the New World wines of South America offer a distinct style all their own. Join us at this session to taste wines from five winemakers from the growing regions of Argentina and Chile.
Salud! South America Panelists:
- Juan Pablo Gonzales, Pascual Toso Winery, Mendoza, AR
- JC Marin, Familia Zuccardi, Mendoza, AR
- Pablo Piccolo, Catena, Mendoza, AR
- Michael Dominguez, Antigal Winery & Estates, Mendoza, AR
- Carlos Miquel, Vina Santa Rita, Alto Jahuel, CL
There’s a lot more to California wine than Cabernet! Taste how six winemakers are making waves with blends that are reminiscent of the Rhone’s traditional French origin yet fused with a cool California style.
Rhone Stylin’ Panelists:
- Randall Graham, Bonny Doon Vineyard, Central Coast, CA,
- Jonathan White, Le Mistral/Aviary, Monterey and Napa Valley, CA
- Anthony Bell, Bell Wine Cellars, Napa Valley, CA
- Guillaume Gonnet, Domaine Font de Michelle, Chateauneuf du Pape, FR
- Tom Porter, Porter Family Vineyards, Napa Valley, CA
- Harry Wetzel, Alexander Valley Vineyards, Alexander Valley, CA
Half-Day Seminar (Only seven tickets left!)
“Beauty and the Vine”
Saturday, January 25, 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Michael’s on East § $60 (+ service charges; ticket price includes four-course gourmet luncheon with wine pairings)
A Forks & Corks University first! Hear from six leading women who are crushing it in the ever-changing wine industry….and taste the fruits of their labor.
Beauty and the Vine Panelists:
- Corinne Ehrhart, Domaine Ehrhart, Alsace, FR
- Merry Edwards, Merry Edwards Winery, Russian River Valley, CA
- Sally Schweiger, Schweiger Vineyard & Winery, Napa, CA
- Lisa Laudeman, AnanTaah, Spring Mountain, CA
- Julie Pedoncell, Pedroncelli Winery, Sonoma, CA
- Roxanne Wolf, Eagle Eye Winery, Napa Valley, CA
Tickets available online only at www.freshoriginals.com/forksandcorks
For more information about the seventh annual Forks & Corks Food & Wine Festival, visit www.dineoriginal.com/forksandcorks, or call 941-365-2800.
About The Sarasota-Manatee Originals
The Sarasota-Manatee Originals is a not-for-profit organization, founded in 2003, of more than 50 locally owned, independent restaurants in Sarasota and Manatee counties. Member restaurateurs are dedicated to preserving the culinary heritage of the Suncoast. For more information, visit www.dineoriginal.com.