TAMPA, Fla.-Jan.7, 2014 – The 14th Annual Tampa Bay Black Heritage Festival takes place Jan. 16-25, 2014. The family-friendly, two-day Music Fest is the centerpiece of the celebration. National recording artists The Ohio Players headline Saturday’s Throwback Saturday (Jan. 18) while Pieces of a Dream and Nick Colionne perform on Jazz Sunday (Jan. 19). The 10-day festival features succulent local cuisine, hand-made, one-of-a-kind ethnic collectibles and crafts, as well as African-American exhibits, culturally-focused lectures, and other events!
Additional Festival highlights include:
· Jan. 16| The Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts; “Above the Fray” art Exhibit at Hillsborough Community College Dale Mabry Campus.
· Jan. 18-19| Music Fest at Curtis Hixon Park. Saturday includes an attempt at a record for the world’s largest wobble/electric slide line.
· Jan. 20| Heritage Golf Classic Fundraiser at Rogers Park Golf Course.
· Jan. 21| Heritage Youth Night at Howard W. Lake High School of the Arts.
· Jan. 22| Leadership Luncheon. Event will be held at University Area Community Center Corporation.
· Jan. 22| USF University Lecture Series featuring actor Hill Harper. Event will be held at the University of South Florida.
Most festival events are FREE to the public and require pre-registration on the official Tampa Bay Black Heritage Festival website (www.tampablackheritage.org).
The Tampa Bay Black Heritage Festival is central Florida’s premier celebration of African-American heritage and was voted as one of the Top 20 events in the Southeast by the Southeast Tourism Society.
Please join us for these exciting and historical events as we celebrate the heart and soul of Tampa Bay. For more information about Tampa Bay Black Heritage Festival and a full list of events visit the website at www.TampaBlackHeritage.org, www.Facebook.com/TBBHF, www.Twitter.com/tbbhf or contact William Sanders at 888.224.1733 or 813.325.2539.
Vendor applications are found online at http://tampablackheritage.org/vendors/.