Hudson, Florida (December 20, 2013) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that its staff, physicians, and volunteers once again collaborated to provide 92 families, including 228 children, with holiday baskets of gifts, food, and extras. Most of the family referrals came from area schools as well as local agencies.
Attached photo 1: Some of the volunteers gather and pose for a photo after organizing gifts, food, and bikes and extras into baskets. Sitting: Helen Machie & Elaine Snee
Standing L-R: Melanie Schmidt, Jill Corriveau, Vicki, Whitney, Barbara Gunn, Angie Thompson, Shayne George, CEO, Rev. Jack Long, Hospital Chaplain, Chris Drain.
Photo 2: Chaplain Jack Long sits in his office overwhelmed by the response from this year’s holiday basket drive.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by the Joint Commission
· Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers for Cycle I, II and III Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.