What: LOCALTOPIA, “A Community Celebration of All Things Local”
When: Saturday, February 1, 2014 | 11 am 7 pm
Where: Williams Park, 330 2nd Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Who: Organized by Keep Saint Petersburg Local as a 2-year Anniversary
Celebration, Presented by Mazzaro’s Italian Market
Cost: FREE family and pet-friendly event
More info: KeepSaintPetersburgLocal.org/Localtopia
The Independent Business Alliance, Keep Saint Petersburg Local, will celebrate its 2-year Anniversary with LOCALTOPIA, “A Community Celebration of All Things Local,” presented by Mazzaro’s Italian Market featuring:
• Vendors from St. Pete’s favorite independent businesses for Shopping & Eating + Service Providers and Non-Profits
• Local craft beer garden with the “Drink Like A Local” draft beer truck serving beers from St. Pete and other carefully selected Florida craft breweries * Beer Garden Sponsor: Brown Distributing *
• Live music/entertainment all day on the Williams Park bandstand * Stage Sponsor: Hideaway Cafe *
(Confirmed: Hideaway Living Room Live Hour, Jun Bustamante, the St. Petersburg Opera, the Al Downing Tampa Bay Jazz Association performing during the lunchtime slot they used to play in the park, Rebekah Pulley, Betty Fox, Applebutter Express – final lineup to be announced soon)
• Vignette seating areas created by St. Pete’s beloved antique and vintage shops
• Children’s area with special, engaging experiences
• Live painting by artists on unique canvases
Williams Park was our city’s first park and we want to help bring it back to what it used to be!
* Event will also benefit fellow non-profit organizations St. Petersburg Free Clinic and Suncoast Center, Inc. *
Sponsors: Presenting Sponsor – Mazzaro’s Italian Market / Local Craft Beer Garden Sponsor – Brown Distributing / Stage Sponsor – The Hideaway Café / Additional Sponsors: City of St. Petersburg, Ferman MINI of Tampa Bay, Rent-All City / Media Sponsors: Creative Loafing, iLovetheBurg, St. Petersburg Tribune/tbo.com
About Keep Saint Petersburg Local:
Keep Saint Petersburg Local is a non-profit organization, affiliated with the American Independent Business Alliance, working to build a thriving local economy and a unique community. The Alliance does this by nurturing connections for and acting as the voice of locally-owned, independent businesses and by raising awareness of the importance of buying local.
About Local Businesses:
Independent, locally-owned businesses are essential to a vital local economy and community character. They use the goods and services of other local businesses. They’re owned by our friends and neighbors, or maybe even you (they employ our friends and neighbors too). Community-serving businesses are the backbone of local economies, civic life, local charities and wealth creation for millions of citizens, as well as a training ground for future generations of entrepreneurs.
The problem is that today, independent businesses face unprecedented competition from larger chain competitors, internet merchants and franchises that enjoy national or international branding power and major economies of scale. As a result, community-based businesses comprise a smaller portion of our economy than ever before. We’ll lose much more than places to shop, dine or do business if we allow current trends to continue.
Olga Bof, Founder/President
Keep Saint Petersburg Local