ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – A NOT SO SILENT NIGHT, which began as a holiday cabaret performed in 2010 featuring St. Petersburg natives Becca McCoy and James Weaver, then made into an album and released on CD and digital download in 2011, will be performed again live this year at the Morean Arts Center.
This one-hour show combines holiday classics, contemporary favorites, and music from Becca and James’ album A NOT SO SILENT NIGHT, interwoven with excerpts from beloved holiday literature for an evening that will engage and inspire. A holiday treat for all ages guaranteed to get you in the spirit of the season.
The December 15 performance will be hosted by the Morean Arts Center. The concert will take place within the current gallery exhibition, Season’s Eatings, which features all local artists. On the night of the concert, the store will also be open where items from the Morean’s 2013 Holiday Show will be available for purchase, including gallery works.
Becca McCoy and James Weaver are an undeniably dynamic duo. An accomplished composer, James Weaver brings his lush arrangements to life with a dense playing style. Becca McCoy’s rich mezzo and expressive vocal treatment has earned her local and national distinction.
Sunday, December 15
Tickets are $15 per person and available at the door, or online: MoreanArtsCenter.org
719 Central Avenue
Downtown, St. Petersburg
Representatives from Hands4Hope, a local non-profit charity benefitting the needy in Tampa Bay and beyond, will be collecting donations of canned goods for local beneficiaries, and financial contributions for disaster relief efforts in the Philippines.
The CD of A NOT SO SILENT NIGHT will be available for purchase for $10.
Other Notable Holiday Events at the Morean Arts Center:
– $5 admisson weekend, December 7 & 8. Includes Chihuly Collection, Glass Studio & Hot Shop
– Weekday Holiday Admission specials through December 20
– Season’s Eatings andSTUFFED on view through January 1. FREE and open to the public daily.
– Blow Your Own Holiday Ornaments at the Glass Studio & Hot Shop through December 31. Call to register: 727.822.7872
– Holiday workshops at the Morean Arts Center including Fused Glass Snowman Ornaments and Feltmaking for Gift Giving.
– Lots more! Visit the Morean Arts Center website or call for information on classes, special and gift certificates!
The Morean Arts Center, with roots dating back to 1917 as the Art Club of St. Petersburg, focuses on an innovative, community-oriented approach to art and art education. The mission of the Morean Arts Center is to connect people with art and to contribute to the economic development of the region. Operating under the Morean Arts Center includes the Chihuly Collection, Glass Studio & Hot Shop and the Morean Arts Center for Clay.