Spring Hill, Florida (November 27, 2014) – Oak Hill Hospital has announced its Star Associates of the Month of October. Each month hospital associates are chosen in a process that involves nominations and voting by their peers, patients, patient families, and physicians.
This month’s Oak Hill Hospital “Stars” are:
Christine Welsh, RN, BSN
Christine joined Oak Hill Hospital’s medical floor on September 17, 2012. She is a registered nurse with a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing. She began a career as a licensed practical nurse and has spent a total of 13 years in nursing. She and her husband, Jim, live in New Port Richey. They have two sons, Jared, 11, and Ryan, 2. Christine’s nominations came from patients who had nothing but praise for her. They talked about her quick response time and her concern for her patients’ questions. Christine is particularly known for the time she takes to explain things to her patients with regard to medications and treatments. “Each concern I had or question was answered thoroughly. She would always make sure that she answered all my questions before leaving for the day. For her part Christine says that the thing she loves most about Oak Hill Hospital is “the people I work with and Oak Hill’s attitude to make a difference in our community.”
Christina Stodart, RN
Christina joined Oak Hill Hospital’s ICU in 2004 where she cares for patients and families in a critical care setting. She has also worked in our wound care and IV team and in the emergency room. Christina lives in Spring Hill and her nominations came from a patient’s family members who praised her for taking care of and bringing great comfort to their family member who was actively passing. They appreciated the fact that she kept them honestly informed of the patient’s status and maintained composure and professionalism in very difficult circumstances. “She was a joy and a pleasure. She brought great comfort to the family.” For her part Christina says that she loves her coworkers and “the team of great quality nurses” at Oak Hill Hospital.
In making the announcement Oak Hill Hospital’s Chief Operating Officer Sonia Gonzalez said, “Dr. Thomas Frist, Senior, our founder, always believed that ‘Good people beget good people.’ People like Christine and Christina prove that Oak Hill Hospital will continue the legacy.”
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) in Hernando County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and Only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its Hip & Knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Only Emergency Care Center in Florida, and one of only 20 nationwide, honored by the Emergency Nurses Association for its first-ever Lantern Award exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.