Hudson, Florida (November 8, 2013) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced its recipients of its third quarter volunteer Five Star and One Star Awards. The recipients for the Five Star Award are Lynn Axelrod, Colleen D’Amario and Thomas Moyer.
Lynn Axelrod began volunteering in 1999 and has over 4900 hours and is a recent recipient of the One Star Award. She volunteers on Saturday mornings in the Emergency Department and according to Michelle, the nurse on duty, is generous, gregarious, pleasant, reliable and dependable. Lynn’s wonderful smile and demeanor help to put patients at ease. She also gives of her time to help family members who wait anxiously with their loved ones for long periods of time. Lynn is an excellent example of a “Five Star Award” volunteer.
Colleen D’Amario joined us in 2009 and has volunteered over 13,000 hours. She is the Chairperson at Welcome “A” on weekends where she volunteers on Saturday evenings. Colleen also volunteers in the Surgical Waiting Room as a substitute for the Chairperson who is out on leave. She is a very dedicated lady who always greets visitors with a kind word and a smile and is always ready to substitute wherever needed. In addition to all that Colleen does, she helps in the Volunteer Department on special projects, always willing to offer a helping hand. Colleen has accepted the position of Editor of the Volunteer Newsletter “Point of View” and Treasurer of the Suncoast Health and Education Foundation in charge of scholarships. Colleen is truly is deserving of the Five Star Award.
Thomas Moyer started volunteering as a Courier in 2006 and in 2010 joining the Out Patient Lab and has accumulated over 2100 hours. He is very personable and gets along well with staff and patients. Tom goes above and beyond of what is asked of him. He takes the time to explain to each patient the waiting period involved with each of the lab tests. This offers a great deal of comfort to the patients as they are waiting. When one of the Out Patient volunteers was on leave, Tom substituted for the volunteer for several months. Tom is another excellent volunteer role model and we congratulate him on this achievement.
The recipient for the One Star Award is Jane Melito.
Jane Melito started to volunteer as a courier in 2011 and, after a short period of time, was reassigned to Welcome Center “A”. Jane has accumulated a total of over 580 hours. At Welcome “A” Jane is responsible for registering and taking the photos of the visitors as well as directing them to their destination. Jane is extremely polite, very patient and always has a smile on her face. Many of her co-workers agree that she is an asset to our hospital and very deserving of a One Star Award.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by the Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers for Cycle I, II and III Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in three consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
- Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com. Or visit us on Facebook.