Brandon, Florida (October 31, 2013) – Brandon Regional Hospital announces that it will hold a special seminar entitled “New Treatment Options for Sinus Pain & Nasal Blockage” on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 6:30 pm in the Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Brandon, Florida 33511.
Scott Powell, MD, an ear, nose and throat sinus surgeon, will discuss a new clinically proven, minimally invasive procedure used to safely and effectively treat patients with chronic sinusitis. Dr. Powell will discuss how to experience sinus relief with this breakthrough technology. This new alternative to failed medical management and antibiotics is minimally invasive and may reduce recovery time. Until recently sinusitis patients had limited treatment options. Typical treatment for chronic sinusitis begins with medication but it is not effective for up to 60% of sinus sufferers. When medical therapy fails, surgery is often recommended, but can involve painful cutting and removal of bone and tissue.
Balloon Sinuplasty uses a small, flexible balloon catheter to open inflamed sinuses. The balloon catheter is placed into the nose to reach the inflamed sinuses and is gradually inflated to restructure the previous blocked sinus passage. This can significantly relieve sinusitis symptoms and improve quality of life.
“My patients have found rapid improvement in their symptoms with a faster and most often immediate recovery,” explains Dr. Powell. “Due to the limited tissue trauma from the balloon and rapid recovery, I am able to intervene much earlier in the disease process and thus avoid repeated antibiotics and their side effects.”
To register for this free seminar call 813-653-1065 or visit BrandonRegionalHospital.com.
About Brandon Regional Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital is a proud member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. BRH is a 398-acute care facility which includes a 25-bed Behavioral Health Center. BRH holds the following certifications:
· The first hospital in Hillsborough County to receive accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from The Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· The three star award for excellence in cardiac surgery – the highest award given by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
· Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
· The Bariatric Center of Excellence award by the American Society of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
· The Brandon Regional Hospital Echocardiography Lab has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in the area of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, BRH offers quality patient care services including:
· The Women’s Center at Brandon Regional Hospital, which includes The Baby Suites, Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and new in-patient rooms for gynecology and anti-partum patients.
· The Reflux Center, which has developed a comprehensive approach for the diagnosis and treatment of acid reflux disease by combining highly skilled physicians and the latest technology to provide effective solutions.
· The Behavioral Health Center a 25 bed unit which emphasizes the importance of instilling hope with group and individual psychotherapy, medication assessment, psycho-educational group, family support and education groups, and interventions designed to guide the mind, body, and spirit to recovery.
· The Heart & Vascular Center offer the latest diagnoses and treatment options in neurological, spine and cardiac conditions.
Brandon Regional Hospital has recently initiated a program to only perform elective deliveries at 39 weeks gestation unless medically indicated. Although this initiative is becoming wide-spread throughout the nation, Brandon Regional Hospital and HCA implemented this initiative before it became a national movement.
Brandon Regional Hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. For more information contact Patricia Montgomery, 813-571-5105 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com.