ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (October 29, 2013) – C1 Bank announced today that Rita Lowman, C1 Bank COO, has been named Director of Florida School of Banking. The Florida School of Banking is located at the University of Florida and is the premier school for the future banking leaders in Florida.
“It is an honor to serve as Director for the Florida School of Banking,” says Lowman. “C1 Bank strives to encourage and support future leaders in the banking industry, and I am thrilled to be a part of this movement.”
Rita’s three year term will culminate with her serving as the 2016 Chairman of the Board for the School. Rita, a top ranking banker in Florida currently is one of two women serving on the Board of Directors for the Florida Bankers Association, the top association for the banking industry in Florida. Rita serves on several other boards including the Outback Bowl and American Cancer Society’s Florida Division Board.
About C1 Bank: C1 Bank is a local, independent bank that serves thousands of sophisticated savers and borrowers from 26 locations in Tampa Bay and the coast of southwest Florida, plus a loan production office in Miami, and online at www.C1Bank.com. C1 Bank is a leader in checking, savings and money markets, residential mortgages, business loans, SBA loan programs, and association and treasury services. C1 Bank is the Official Bank of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Official Bank of the Outback Bowl and a Corporate Partner of the Miami HEAT.
C1 Bank services include:
- Full Service Checking, Savings and Money Market depository products for consumers and businesses
- Residential mortgages, includes 30 years fixed, jumbo, NRA and portfolio loan products, all approved with quick local decision making
- Business loans and commercial real estate loans, up to $23 million, to assist local business growth
- Small Business Administration loans, up to $5 million – C1 Bank is a Preferred Lender and is consistently ranked as one of the region’s top SBA lenders
- Association and Treasury Services – providing lockbox services to condominium associations and other businesses in need of sophisticated treasury management solutions