Hudson, Florida (October 24, 2013) – Once again, Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has earned the top “A” Safe Hospital Score from the Leapfrog Group. The score is derived from Leapfrog’s key questions and publicly reported data, allowing for the comparison of hospital safety performance.
“This continued high ranking is yet another objective, third party recognition of the high quality of care provided here at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point,” said Shayne George, CEO of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. “We are very proud of our staff’s effort to ensure our patients receive the safest hospital experience possible, in a patient centered environment each and every day.”
A blue ribbon panel of the nation’s top patient safety experts provides guidance to The Leapfrog Group, an independent national nonprofit run by employers and other large purchasers of health benefits, to develop the Hospital Safety Score. The Hospital Safety Score is calculated using publicly available data on patient injuries, medical and medication errors, and infections.
“A” scores were awarded to for-profit hospitals, not-for-profits and public hospitals throughout the nation. Not all hospitals earned an “A”. The Hospital Safety Score exclusively measures safety – meaning errors, accidents, and infections.
To see the full report go to www.HospitalSafetyScore.org
About the Hospital Safety Score: The Hospital Safety Score assigns an A, B, C, D or F letter grade to local hospitals based on its safety in preventing errors, infections, injuries and medication mix-ups. Compiled by the nation’s leading experts on patient safety, the goal of the Hospital Safety Score is to reduce the number of preventable injuries and deaths. The Hospital Safety Score empowers patients to make informed decisions about the safety of hospital care.
About The Leapfrog Group
The Leapfrog Group is a national organization using the collective leverage of large purchasers of health care to initiate breakthrough improvements in the safety, quality and affordability of health care for Americans. The flagship Leapfrog Hospital Survey allows purchasers to structure their contracts and purchasing to reward the highest performing hospitals. The Leapfrog Group was founded in November 2000 with support from the Business Roundtable and national funders and is now independently operated with support from its purchaser and other members.
To learn about the scoring methodology go to Score Health at www.LeapfrogGroup.org.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by the Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers for Cycle I, II and III Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
- Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.