[October 21, 2013 ~ St. Petersburg, Fla.] Six antiques appraisers and dealers and a team of volunteers will present an Antiques Appraisal Fair fundraiser on Saturday, November 2, 2013, from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the St. Petersburg Main Library, 3745 Ninth Avenue North, St. Petersburg. The event has been organized by Friends of the Library, and all proceeds will benefit programs, projects, and equipment for the Library. Publix has also made a contribution in support of the November 2nd Fair.
Appraisers and dealers will estimate the value of small antiques and collectibles, including books. However, evaluations of large pieces of furniture and antique firearms will not be available.
All Friends of the St. Petersburg Main Library programs are free and open to the public. No reservations are required. For those attending the November 2 event with articles to be appraised, the cost is $5 for single items or $12 for three items; additional items $4 each. The Main Library staff will assemble a display of books on antiques and antique collecting which may be reviewed on site or borrowed. Patrons will also be able to apply for and receive library cards on site.
The six Antique Dealer/Appraisers and Antique Book Restorer contributing their time are:
· John and Andrea LeGrant – Andrea and Friends Antiques Mall — general antiques, Americana
· Tammy Daulphin – general antiques, glass, china, paintings (at Andrea and Friends)
· Michael Lough – Michael’s Antiques– general antiques, china, vintage clothes and textiles
· Adele Gilmore – Pickwick Antiques– general antiques, paper ephemera, toys and dolls, advertising items
· Michael Slicker – Lighthouse Books– rare and collectible books
· David Barry – Griffin Bookbinding– book restoration, preservation, repair work; member of the Guild of Book Workers
Founded over 50 years ago, Friends of the Library is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is advocacy and financial support for public libraries. Annual dues help pay for all Friends’ activities and purchases on behalf of the Library. Individual memberships are $15 per year and family memberships are $25. For an application, go to http://www.splibraries.org/FOL_Main.htm