Brandon, Florida (October 4, 2013) – Brandon Regional Hospital celebrates one year of service to Plant City and surrounding area residents. It was one year ago on October 4th that the Emergency Center at Plant City opened officially at 7 am. The 11,000 square foot emergency facility is located at 3065 James L. Redman Parkway.
“We thank the communities of Plant City, Fishhawk and the surrounding communities for placing their trust in us to serve their healthcare needs,” said Brandon Regional Hospital CEO, Bland Eng. “We are proud to have served over 14,000 people in our first year. Our compassionate staff is here for the residents of these communities we look forward to serving their needs in the years to come,” he added.
For the past year, the Emergency Center at Plant City has offered residents the experience of a facility that treats 100,000 patients per year, close to their home. This year-old Emergency Center allows a high level of quality care, providing the community with:
· Direct access to cardiologists and cardiac surgeons at our full-service Heart & Vascular Center ranked highest in quality for cardiac surgery by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons based on clinical outcomes
· Access to the latest stroke treatment options at our accredited Primary Stroke Center
· Board certified emergency medicine physicians and registered nurses
· Complete array of emergency center services
· Commitment to minimize wait times
· Access to all specialty services offered at Brandon Regional Hospital
The Brandon Regional Hospital Emergency Center at Plant City has allowed residents of Plant City, Fishhawk and the surrounding areas to have access Brandon Regional Hospital which holds the following accreditations:
· Three Star accreditation for excellence in cardiac surgery, with the highest award given The Society of Thoracic Surgeon
· An accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
· A Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeries, and
· The newly acquired accreditation of Brandon Regional Hospital’s Echocardiography Lab by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, the residents of Plant City have access to Brandon’s Emergency Center posted wait times. Simply text ER to 23000 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com. With Brandon’s innovative initiative of posting emergency department wait times and now with the development of a free-standing Emergency Department, Brandon Regional Hospital is continually making a concerted effort to repeatedly improve its Emergency Department wait times for its patients.
About Brandon Regional Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital is a proud member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. BRH is a 398-acute care facility which includes a 25-bed Behavioral Health Center. BRH holds the following certifications:
· The first hospital in Hillsborough County to receive accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from The Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· The three star award for excellence in cardiac surgery – the highest award given by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
· Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
· The Bariatric Center of Excellence award by the American Society of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
· The Brandon Regional Hospital Echocardiography Lab has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in the area of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, BRH offers quality patient care services including:
· The Women’s Center at Brandon Regional Hospital, which includes The Baby Suites, Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and new in-patient rooms for gynecology and anti-partum patients.
· The Reflux Center, which has developed a comprehensive approach for the diagnosis and treatment of acid reflux disease by combining highly skilled physicians and the latest technology to provide effective solutions.
· The Behavioral Health Center a 25 bed unit which emphasizes the importance of instilling hope with group and individual psychotherapy, medication assessment, psycho-educational group, family support and education groups, and interventions designed to guide the mind, body, and spirit to recovery.
· The Heart & Vascular Center offer the latest diagnoses and treatment options in neurological, spine and cardiac conditions.
Brandon Regional Hospital has recently initiated a program to only perform elective deliveries at 39 weeks gestation unless medically indicated. Although this initiative is becoming wide-spread throughout the nation, Brandon Regional Hospital and HCA implemented this initiative before it became a national movement.
Brandon Regional Hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. For more information contact Patricia Montgomery, 813-571-5105 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com.