Winter Haven, Fla. – October 1, 2013– Paul Davis Restoration & Remodeling of Polk County is proud to support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and The National Cancer Institute (NCI), one in eight women born today in the United States will get breast cancer at some point during her life. Though great strides have been made in combating the devastating illness, more than 200,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and tens of thousands are expected to lose their lives to the disease. Many women can survive breast cancer if it’s found and treated early. Visit www.Cancer.gov to learn more about symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment.
During National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Paul Davis honors those who have lost their lives and lends strength to those who carry on the fight along with promoting continuing education and research to help fight the tragic disease. Paul Davis follows the NCI guidelines to understanding risk factors that are essential to prevention.
• Early detection is key in the fight against breast cancer. Getting recommended screening mammograms can help to detect breast cancer early.
• Older women and those who have a personal or family history of breast cancer are among those at greater risk of developing the illness.
• From ages 40 to 49, women are encourage to talk with their doctors about when to start getting mammograms and how often to get them.
• Women ages 50 to 74 should have mammograms every 2 years. However, many women choose to start getting mammograms earlier or to get them more often.
• Encourage women and men to speak with their health care providers about preventive services and breast cancer awareness methods.
Paul Davis stands with the mothers, daughters, sisters, aunts, and friends who have been affected by breast cancer. The company recognizes the ongoing efforts of dedicated advocates, researchers, and health care providers who strive each day to defeat the devastating disease. In memory of loved ones lost and inspired by the resilience of those living with the disease, Paul Davis supports a future free from cancer in all its forms.
Paul Davis Restoration, Inc. is a national franchisor and leading provider of restoration services for residential and commercial properties since 1966. Paul Davis Restoration also provides complete remodeling services and has franchise locations throughout North America with owners and technicians who are certified by The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Visit the local office website at www.pauldavispolkcounty.com.