Mobile app technology and augmented reality used to reveal finalists
Tampa, Fla. – (Sept. 27, 2013) — The Tampa Bay Technology Forum (TBTF), Central Florida’s largest and most influential technology association, announced today the finalists for its 10th Annual Industry Achievement Awards. This year’s awards will recognize the leading organizations and individuals in Tampa Bay’s technology community. Finalists were selected by a distinguished panel of judges and will be honored in front of hundreds at an exciting black-tie awards gala on October 18.
This year TBTF wanted to provide an interactive experience for announcing the finalists, so HDInteractive developed a mobile application that revealed the finalists via augmented reality.
“Mobile technology is a vital part of our industry right now and with our theme of ‘The Evolution of Tech,’ we thought announcing the finalists to our members and the tech community this unique way was very fitting,” said Heather Kenyon, president of TBTF. “We have an impressive lineup of technology leaders and rising stars as finalists this year and we look forward to celebrating with all of them at the Gala.”
A total of 21 finalists were chosen in seven award categories:
CIO of the Year
• Chris Cate, chief information officer, Cox Target Media/Valpak
• Sam Esfahani, chief information officer, PSCU
• Morton Middelfart, chief technology officer, Targit
Emerging Technology Company of the Year
• Care Monitoring2000
Excellence in Service
• (ISC)2 Foundation
• Peak 10
• USF Connect
Innovative Project of the Year
• Grant Braxley, CEO, TeleVoIPs
• Reuben Pressman, CEO, Check I’m Here
• Vera Polyakova, user experience/design specialist, lifedash
Technology Company of the Year
• Data Mentors
• Peak 10
Technology Leader of the Year
• Tim Curran, CEO, Global Technology Distribution Council
• Mark Schippits, director of clinical informatics, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
• Daniel James Scott, co-founder Entrepreneurship Center at USFSP, Gazelle Lab & Alorum
The 10th Annual Industry Achievement Awards Gala will take place Friday, October 18 at the Hilton Tampa Downtown. The Evolution of Tech themed gala will begin at 6 p.m. with a reception, followed by dinner and the awards at 7 p.m. and an after-party with live music and playful entertainment.
Sponsors for the Industry Achievement Awards include Bright House Networks Business Solutions, Brightline, CAD, Chetu, Forsythe, Wide Angle and Veredus.
This year’s finalists were selected by an independent group of judges, which included:
• Chris Demery, vice president of IT applications, Bloomin’ Brands
• Tonya Elmore, president, Tampa Bay Innovation Center
• Michael Fountain, director, USF Center for Entrepreneurship
• Daryl Holt, vice president and COO, Electronic Arts
• Wit Ostrenko, president, MOSI
• Michael Pearce, system vice president of IT, chief information officer, USF
• David Segal, vice president of software development, 3M Electronic Monitoring
• Don Sloan, chief information officer, Kforce
Tickets for the Awards Gala are available now at www.tbtf.org until October 17. Individual tickets are $110 for TBTF members and $160 for non-members; tables of ten are $1000 for TBTF members and $1500 for non-members.
About Tampa Bay Technology Forum
Founded in 2000, the Tampa Bay Technology Forum (TBTF) is a non-profit membership association committed to connecting and growing the technology community in Tampa Bay. TBTF’s 300+ member companies represent technology companies, entrepreneurs, business and community leaders, investors, government representatives, researchers and educators. For more information, visit www.tbtf.org.