Strong and Steady Uptick in Leasing Recorded over the Summer Months
Tampa, Fla. (September 10, 2013) – RMC Property Group (RMC) is pleased to announce that during the months from January through August 2013, the company concluded total leasing volume of 430,000 sq. ft. across its portfolio. Approximately 200,000 sq. ft. of that volume was leased during over the three-month period from June through August. Notable deals recently concluded by RMC include the following:
- Bailey’s Powerhouse Gym and Fitness Center leased 16,024 sq. ft. at Putnam County Center in Palatka, expanding its North Florida presence to 13 locations. Big Lots also renewed their 31,714 sq. ft. lease at Putnam County Center.
- Harbor Freight Tools leased 16,605 sq. ft. for a new store at Buccaneer Square in Tampa.
- DTLR, an urban lifestyle apparel retailer, leased 4,500 sq. ft. at Seville Square in Tampa and another 5,000 sq. ft. at Temple Terrace Shoppes in Temple Terrace, further expanding their West Florida presence.
- Bealls Department Store renewed their lease for 35,541 sq. ft. at Seville Square in Tampa.
- Big Lots renewed their lease for 36,464 sq. ft. at Gulf Point Square in Fort Myers.
- Rainbow Apparel renewed their lease for 10,800 sq. ft. at Marion Shopping Center in Ocala.
“This year we have seen strong leasing, increased small shop activity, fewer move outs, second generation space is becoming scarce, and there is a resurgence of the entrepreneurial spirit,” said Charlie Boscarino, senior vice president of leasing and asset operations for RMC.
RMC Real Estate Services, Inc. (RMC)
RMC is one of Florida’s largest and most innovative full-service commercial real estate leasing, management, acquisition, investment sales, development and redevelopment companies. Comprised of companies RMC Property Group and RMC Ross Realty, RMC leases and manages a portfolio of office, industrial and retail properties encompassing over 8 million square feet, has developed more than 140 freestanding drugstores, developed or redeveloped more than 25 Publix-anchored shopping centers, and renovated and redeveloped several other retail and mixed-use properties over the past 15 years. RMC’s extensive development, leasing and management experience clearly provides a competitive edge that is unrivaled and unparalleled.
The company’s headquarters is located at 8902 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614. For more information, call (813) 960-8154 or visit our website at www.RMCPG.com.