Hudson, Florida (September 4, 2013) – The Heart Institute at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point will present “Moving to the Beat of Your Heart” at its Cardiovascular/Peripheral Vascular Support Group meeting on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 3 pm in the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center (in a separate building at the rear of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point), 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, Florida 34667. The public is invited.
“Moving to the Beat of Your Heart” will be presented by Yvonne Steffens, physical therapist. She will discuss the following objectives:
· Staying active with vascular disease.
· Determining intensity of exercise that is safe.
· Identify community resources available to the public.
For more information and for reservations call 727-869-5498 or 1-888-741-5119, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attached photo: Yvonne Steffens, Physical Therapist
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures – recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by the Joint Commission
· Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers for Cycle I, II and III Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in three consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.