Brandon, Florida (August 27, 2013) – Brandon Regional Hospital has announced the following community events that will be held during the month of September. All events will be held in the Oakfield Medical Plaza on the campus of Brandon Regional Hospital, 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511, unless otherwise noted.
· NICU Family to Family Support Group – September 3 and 17, 6:45 pm, Brandon Regional Hospital, Women’s Center Lobby
· Healthy Heart Nutrition – September 4, 2:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
· Gestational Diabetes – September 5, 12, 19 and 26, 8:30 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom C, Suite 258
· Prenatal Tour – September 8 at 3 pm, September 9 and 24 at 7:30 pm, Brandon Regional Hospital, Women’s Center Lobby
· Prepared Childbirth Series – September 9, 16, 23 and 30, 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Savvy Seniors – September 10 at 11 am, “Is It a Stroke or Is It a Heart Attack?” – Recognizing Signs and Symptoms, The Bridges Retirement Community, 11350 Bloomingdale Avenue, Riverview, Florida
· Prenatal Breastfeeding – September 10 at 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Nutrition for Cancer Prevention & Treatment Class – September 11, 2:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Weight Loss Options – September 11 at 6 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Prepared Childbirth – September 14 and 21, 9 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Newborn Care Class – September 16 at 6 pm, September 21 at 9:30 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
· Vascular Victories – Cardiac & Stroke Support – September 17 at 12 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
· Outpatient Diabetes Self-Management – September 18, 8:30 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Surgical Solutions for Weight Loss – September 26, 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Surgical Weight Loss Support Group – September 26, 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
Seating is limited and reservations are advised. For more information and to register call 813-653-1065 or visit BrandonRegionalHospital.com.
About Brandon Regional Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital is a proud member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. BRH is a 398-acute care facility which includes a 25-bed Behavioral Health Center. BRH holds the following certifications:
· The first hospital in Hillsborough County to receive accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from The Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· The three star award for excellence in cardiac surgery – the highest award given by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
· Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
· Designated by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida as a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and Orthopedics.
· The Brandon Regional Hospital Echocardiography Lab has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in the area of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, BRH has enhanced its services this year with the addition of:
· The Women’s Center at Brandon Regional Hospital includes The Baby Suites, Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and in-patient rooms for gynecology and antepartum patients.
· The Behavioral Health Center a 25 bed unit which emphasizes the importance of instilling hope with group and individual psychotherapy, medication assessment, psycho-educational group, family support and education groups, and interventions designed to guide the mind, body, and spirit to recovery.
· The Neuroscience Center and Heart & Vascular Center offer the latest diagnoses and treatment options in neurological, spine and cardiac conditions.
Brandon Regional Hospital initiated a program to only perform elective deliveries at 39 weeks gestation unless medically indicated. Although this initiative is becoming wide-spread throughout the nation, Brandon Regional Hospital and HCA implemented this initiative before it became a national movement.
Brandon Regional Hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. For more information contact Patricia Montgomery, 813-571-5105 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com.