The second annual Sarasota Book Fair is October 5, 2013
(Sarasota, FL) Art Center Sarasota invites area-based, self-published authors and illustrators to participate in the Sarasota Book Fair, Oct. 5, 2013, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., at Art Center Sarasota, 707 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota. The event is held in conjunction with ABCBooks4Children, Inc., a not-for-profit networking organization for self-published authors and illustrators of all genres. Admission to the event is free.
According to event coordinator, Brenda Spalding, the book fair will showcase 35 to 50 regionally based authors and illustrators, some of whom are members of the Florida Writers Association, Peace River Writers, and the National League of American Pen Women.
“The book fair offers the community the opportunity to meet our area’s wealth of talented self-published authors and illustrators,” says Spalding, adding that the event features literature for all ages.
Spaces are available for $25 for a six-foot table or $15 to share. Deadline to apply is September 25, 2013. All authors should be self-published. For more information, email Brenda Spalding at Brenda@artsarasota.com or call (941) 365-2032.
Authors already confirmed include:
· Brenda Spalding: Just Batty, Hayden’s Garden, and Hayden’s Halloween.
· Carole Stevens Bibisi: Tails of American Bronte and My Alphabet.
· Diane Adams Taylor: Circles in Time.
· D.I Havlin: Blue Water, Red Blood, The Cross on Cotton Creek, A Place No One Should Go, The Hangin’ Oak, and September on Echo Creek.
· Clarissa Thomasson: A Lost Trail, Who’s a Friend, Hattie to the Rescue, Jocko Pays a Visit, and Where’s Eddie?
· Julia Mowery: Little Nessie, Kranzweg Castle.
· Kate Nixon: Heirloom Pearls.
· Jacqueline Paske Gill: The Monster in the Basement, My Childhood Winter, and Summertime Is Here.
· Nancy Buscher: At the Beach, Emma’s Dilemma, Brandon Grows a Vine, Lucky Dog Diner, and Elfwood – the Shiny Silver Steam Engine.
About Art Center Sarasota
Art Center Sarasota was the first arts and cultural institution in Sarasota. It was founded in 1926 as the “Sarasota Art Association” by Marcia Rader, the art supervisor for the Sarasota County schools district. In the early years, the group met monthly and sponsored exhibits in rented facilities. The Association was incorporated as a not-for-profit organization in 1943 and has been in its current location in the Sarasota Bayfront Cultural District since 1949. Art Center Sarasota is now a membership-based organization that offers curated and juried exhibitions, adult and youth education programs, outreach initiatives for underserved youth, and culturally related public programming. Art Center Sarasota’s mission is to inspire individual creative expression, nurture artistic talent and provide the community with accessible and diverse visual art opportunities.
Art Center Sarasota
707 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34236
Phone: 941-365-2032 § Fax: 941-366-0585