CHICAGO, August 20, 2013 – First Industrial Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: FR), a leading owner, operator and developer of industrial real estate, today announced six lease agreements totaling 65,768 square feet in the Central Florida market signed during the first half of 2013. As result of these leases, First Industrial grew its Central Florida occupancy to 87%.
The leases were in facilities located in the Northwest Tampa Airport submarket to tenants for a range of uses.
· Camelot Community Care and Youth and Family Alternatives, not-for-profit organizations that provide child and family services to help special needs children, leased a total of 23,570 square feet at 5463 W. Waters Avenue.
· Physicians Toxicology Laboratory leased 12,611 SF at 5313 Johns Road. This group will serve its growing client base by offering fast, convenient clinical screenings and confirmations for over 30 drugs for all areas of medical specialties at this new location.
· Independent Management Services leased 11,517 SF at 5555 W. Waters Avenue to serve as its administrative offices.
· Scientific Research Corporation (SRC) signed a 10,080 SF lease at 6203 Johns Road. SRC provides innovative and cost-effective products and technical solutions to the U.S. Government and defense sector.
· Blue Team Restoration leased 4,000 SF at 6089 Johns Road. This national disaster response company will serve its Central Florida customer base from this location.
· The Heimburg Group (THG), a consulting engineering firm that designs surface transportation infrastructure, leased 3,990 SF at 5461 W. Waters Avenue. THG will continue to service their customer base, including the Florida Department of Transportation, from this location.
“Central Florida has seen a recovery in demand with activity from a range of industries, as reflected by the scope of our new tenants,” said Peter Schultz, First Industrial’s executive vice president, east region. “First Industrial’s portfolio in the region can accommodate a wide range of uses.”
“As the economy in the Tampa region continues to rebound, we’re pleased to be able to offer facilities that serve the diverse needs of these companies,” added David O’Reilly, portfolio manager for First Industrial’s Central Florida region. “As an institutional owner, we are focused on providing quality buildings and customer service.”
First Industrial owns and manages approximately 1.2 million square feet of industrial properties in its Central Florida region. For additional information about leasing opportunities within First Industrial’s portfolio, contact David O’Reilly, firstname.lastname@example.org, at (678) 578-0860.
About First Industrial Realty Trust, Inc.
First Industrial Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: FR) is a leading owner, operator, and developer of industrial real estate with a track record of providing industry-leading customer service to multinational corporations and regional customers. Across major markets in the United States, our local market experts manage, lease, buy, (re)develop, and sell bulk and regional distribution centers, light industrial, and other industrial facility types. In total, we own, manage and have under development approximately 66.8 million square feet of industrial space as of June 30, 2013.